tristan

Jun 12, 2001
I know this subject has been talked about before, but i am having trouble undersatnding it. I just got my Honda 2000 CR125 and need to know which pistons are the best for it. When searching this subject i saw Marcus suggested vortex race piston but made for a husky CR125. Is this the best piston to use? If so what year Husky and does it need any cylinder mods? How long do they last? And also do the vortex race pistons require race gas or will 92-octane be fine? If it helps i would like more mid-top on my bike, i would like it to hit a little harder. if there are simple ways to do this, please let me know.
Thanks ;)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
tristan it can get confusing.the husky cr piston is as far as i can tell the same as the race Honda cr 125 piston-i have that in my bike now.Its been in for about 8 rides so far and no problems, the Husky cr piston i had in did 12 rides as i usually change them at this point.I would run the best fuel you can afford or get the head modded as even with a std piston you tend to get detonation on anything less than high octane unleaded.The weird thing is a few riders get no detonation and no problems-others have mutiple blow ups and refuse to admit they have a problem-they blame everything but the fuel/head configuration.A cheap mod is to run 2 head gaskets with 92 octane fuel but you will give up hp.

These pistons with no hole in the back only really give more bottom end-you would be better off with a wiseco pro light as this has a large window in the back which would suit you better.

A better mod again is the v force on the low tension setting-steve 125 has done extensive testing and found only gains when using low tension.I have copied his set up and also found the low setting better even for top end.

Last edited:

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
Weisco is the best IMO, my friends have used all, and Weisco lasts the longest, 12 ride? wow seem short to me unless you ride 5 hours a ride, thats alot of gas....I use pump 93, n o problems or complaits.

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Hey thanks for the help guys, i really needed it :) I use 93 also but said 92 since that seems to be the most common. Also i am going to try those mods

Top Bottom