shwine617

Mar 9, 2009
I have a 2000 rm80. Got it in non running condition. the top end was off. I just redid the top end and the bike runs now, but it has no top end power at all. It's like there is no power band. It also bogs if I snap the throttle all the way from idle. I didn't mess with any adjustments on the carb, just cleaned it out really good and put fresh 32-1 gas in the bike. any ideas and help is appreciated.
thanks
Cory

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So you are assuming that the carb was properly setup to begin with right? Can you define "cleaned it out really good"? a bit more? Are you sure the powervalve is setup properly? Typically the factory service manual has very specific instructions for this. Are you sure you have a good seal on all the gasket surfaces?

shwine617

Mar 9, 2009
crank is good. carb has been throughly cleaned and i cleaned the jets very well. I think its something to do with the power valve, just not sure how to adjust it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
shwine617 said:
I think its something to do with the power valve, just not sure how to adjust it.
Well that could be a problem. Pick up a factory service book it will be the best money you ever spent on a bike.

Top Bottom