Rider 007

Feb 10, 2000
Well that was pretty anticlimactic. :|

They told us that the new model preview would begin at 9:30 pm eastern with more model info being released periodically through 12:30 am.

After the initial preview, there were no updates. Just a listing for the CR250 and 125 (among other bikes) under the heading "Model Updates Coming Soon".

See for yourselves at the Honda website.

So the mystery continues.

How does it go? "How do you keep an idiot in suspense?"

:ride:

Rider 007

Feb 10, 2000
Yeah, MD and DR have info listed, also.

I'm curious about the new RC valve "housed in removable case" design.

The 250 went up $200 to $6199.

It's the new "new racing-inspired graphics" that sold me, though! ;)

I wonder if anyone will have a test or first ride impression before Christmas?

The 125 got the new KYB TC forks.

:ride:

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
My dealer got a mail from Honda about a test that will be in one of the US mags soon....Dont know much about it , but he said they loved the cr125,and it was supposed to give 5 hp more than last years modell !
Absolutely no idea if this is true , but sounds like just the way to sell more Honda 125´s.....!

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
"New piston features single keystone piston ring for reduced friction and improved sealing."

Is this the first time there has been a single compression ring on a 250?

Dirt Bike Dan

Aug 18, 2004
Anyone know why the Cr 125 is so much heavier than the other bikes? 197lbs compared to 192lbs(kx, rm) and 189lbs(yz) and only the katoom being heavier?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Why did they go with a SS base gasket on the CR250?

Feb 28, 2004
:cool: I like it. Very nice looking bike, hopefully it will be more of a threat this year to the YZ and RM models. I like it when they are all offering great bikes, so they all fight to be the better bike. When 1 bike is the best, and the rest stink, its no fun. :) Mike

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I dont think the weight issue is real. All of them lie about the weight anyway. I think Honda is being honest on this one.

All things being equal, could anyone tell the difference between a single ring piston and a two ring???

Studboy, they raised the price of the bike 200.00. I believe the stainless gasket was their way of saying..."i'm Sorry"

Seriously, how could this bike cost within a few hundred of the CRF 450. The CRF has three times as many parts in the engine.

I was at a Honda store in Park City Utah. They had several 04 bikes left. They had a CR 125 autographed by Kevin Windham and done up with the Factory Connection stickers. A sign on the number plate listed the special price...List...5099.00 now priced at 4699.00 not includign a 3000.00 rebate. Obviously, this sounded to good to be true.

I asked the salesman how much total to make the check out for. He started laughing and hollered at the other salesguy.."I win"

Apparently there was a bet to see how long it would be before someone offered to buy the bike at 1600.00. I was the only person to ask for three days.

Yet, despite all this, Honda raises the prices for 05....

PAULRY

Mar 17, 2004
To me the alterations are not nothing new, just like previous years, porting changes, crankcase mods, etc. I hope this finally produces a better motor , more suited to a non-pro.

I have owned CR250's since 1990, they are well built, quality made bikes, but once you have ridden a YZ or RM 250 you quickly realise how much the motor is lacking. Sorry Honda, but as good as the bike is made, I have gone the RM route for 2005 die to the ease of riding the bike.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I'm upset. not that i think that it could of been better, but it is clear now that the developement has taken a back seat. I'm really surprised that the bikes didn't come with a 4th gen frame. Oh we'll . guess i will wait till the shootout till I make up my mind.:(

Erik

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom