May 31, 2009
i have a 2006 crf150f. i bought it new in 2007 and have ridden it 3 times
it never idled good since ive gotten it and it wont idle at all right now.
it starts up fine with the choke on and will run and will "idle"(stay and not move) if i give it gas. but the second i turn off the choke even if im giving it gas the bike bogs down then dies.
its sat for a little over a year so i drained the gas from the carb and tank and cleaned the air filter, i also got a new battery for it.
i still havent changed the oil but that shouldnt effect idling.
any ideas of whats wrong?

thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Clean the carb.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The point being with the indicated number of rides on the engine the valves should still be within spec and the issue isn't a performance issue but a desire for the bike to sit and idle. Since the bike has been sitting for an extended period of time it will no doubt have varnish and plugged passages in the carb body. I have never had an experience when a bike that ran fine but idled poorly that adjusting the valves fixed a carburation problem.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
He rode the thing 3 times. He should get about 300 more rides before the valves need attention. Maybe several hundred more before any repairs need to be done. Assuming it's getting proper maintenance.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
you probably want to look at a few more threads out there on the bike. Removing the intake snorkle and then increasing the pilot and main jet sizes will help it run way better. Also cannot remember if they use a plug over the fuel screw, if they do drill it out and then adjust the fuel screw as needed.

Feb 11, 2015
Check the idle screw that will get gummed up and a really good cleaning on the carb. after letting it sit for that long. Same thing happened to mine and it running like a champ now.

Top Bottom