Help 2010 corolla hitch/receiver

Klx230r

Apr 20, 2021
Hi, I am trying to find a hitch/carrier to mount to my 2010 corolla but the only size I can find is 1.25" . From what I can find on the bike carrier side it's a 2" hitch. Are there alternatives? I have no place to store a trailer. Thanks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You may be out of luck. The larger 2" receiver isn't just needed to handle the weight of the bike and carrier (tongue weight), it's also needed to keep the carrier from twisting.

Have you looked into a folding trailer? There used to be some pretty unique designs that didn't take up much room to store. I just Googled this but there are others out there if you look... 48 In. X 72 In. Heavy Duty Foldable Utility Trailer With Checker Plate Floor - Buy Small Utility Trailers,Folding Utility Trailer,Atv Utility Trailer Product on Alibaba.com

Klx230r

Apr 20, 2021
I am trying to avoid a trailer since its just a 4 cylinder. I was hoping someone new of a 2in sedan hitch mount but there doesn't seem to be one. Are these trailer 1.25"? And how much do they weigh? The website doesn't really say. Thanks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I really don’t know anything about them. I just did a quick search and found them. Feel free to give them a call I’m sure they’ll answer all your questions. They may even have some thing that’s not on the website that will work perfect for you. The hitch that will fit on your car I think it’s only up to class 2 maybe about a 300 pound tongue weight so you wouldn’t want anything big anyway.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I had a custom 2" receiver hitch put on our 14 Escape for around $300. I have a 2 small HF trailers and use them frequently.

Top Bottom