5`6``rider needs advice on how to lower 300exc

kdxkelvin

Feb 16, 2005
hi currently own a trusty old kdx220 with the suspension backed off so i can touch the ground but feel i want a change. really like the gas gas ec300 pluse you can buy a lowering link but my first choice would be a ktm300exc.is there anyway of lowering the pds system or would this be bad for the handeling of the bike ano you can shave the the seat but i dont no if this would be enough. ps. great site thanks kelvin..

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I took about 1.75" out of mine by lowering the suspension- it can be done.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Regarding your question, I am either 5'-8" or 6'-2" depending on which half of my body you look at. :bang: I have short legs (31" inseam) and have had to lower my 200 MXC. I started out by having MXTech taking 1 inch out of my suspension, revalving and replacgin fork springs for my weight. Step two was to remove the seat cover and reducing the height of the seat. Overall these two mods reduced the height of the bike enough that I can touch both feet to the ground at the same time. I cannot quite flatfoot myself but is much better than before.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom