lgottler

Aug 17, 2008
73 CT175 Parts?

Just got home yesterday with an old Yamaha CT175 (edited this from a DT), the guy tells me its a 1973. It needs some parts to make it run and thats why I'm here.

1) Where can you find parts for these older bikes?

2) What model year parts are the same? Exhaust, seat, cables, etc?

3) Anything I should swap out immediately because of known failures?

I hope to use it to do trail scouting up in Ontario Canada, for Jeep trails. I'd like to bolt on a GPS onto the handlebars and explore. Much better on gas than towing my Jeep up, then driving that around aimlessly for 3-4 days!!

I work as a prototype metal worker, so fabbing brackets and welding alum/metal isn't a concern. What is would be locating the things I don't have at all: a seat, exhaust, etc..

Thanks for the help! I'll post a picture when I get my camera back.
Edit: so much for a picture, "spam blocker" wont let me insert an IMG tag pointing to a picture....

Last edited:

lgottler

Aug 17, 2008
I found a seat off another year, hope it fits, if not, I'll mod the brackets for it.

No luck on exaust, but wonder if I could modify another muffler to fit? I'm a machinist/prototype by day, bending a pipe isn't a big deal, I just don't know about the muffler section how it passes by your leg....

lgottler

Aug 17, 2008
Its a CT1-105254. Looking up online the engine number points to this:

CT3 Year: 1973 Start Engine#: CT1-100101

So, a CT series, not a DT?

The year is rubbed off the sticker on the front, but its got aluminum lower front forks and drum brakes front and rear.

There appears to still be the flange bolted on the engine, but looks like the pipe rusted off.

18" rims front and rear.

Still waiting on the book I ordered...hope it gives me some diagrams!

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
You have a ct-3 a lot of parts from 69-73 will work. I probably have a pipe and other parts you may need. 69-71 are ct-1, 72 is ct-2 73 is a ct-3 in 74 they were dts hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom