Jan 24, 2007
hi im in the middle of putting my 98 kx500 on the road anyone got one? just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to front and rear sprokets sizes so i have some chance of keeping the front wheel down any help would be much appritiated cheers matt

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Keeping the front end down on a 500..... ROFLMAO!!!!! :coocoo:

Start off by going bigger on the front sprocket by a tooth or two. (probably two) Good luck. You'll have a triple digit top speed.

Are you skinny? Maybe you could gain a few kgs.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Mount one of these to the front fender to keep the tire on the road
anvil.jpg

Really though, gear it like gwcrim suggested for starters.

Run a chain that is almost too long, that way the rear axle will be adjusted towards the end of the swingarm, even 3/4" can make a difference. Run bars that set you foward a little more.

Experiment with raising the forks in the triple clamps, lowers the front end, but going too far effects stability. I found on my KDX I liked running the forks with about 15mm sticking above the clamps on road, but only 5mm or so when off road. Seems backwards, but that's my preference.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Ya know, Adam is onto something there. Lower the bike. The lower the CG the harder it is to wheelie.

I lowered the front and rear of mine. On the front, I slid the trees down and even put small shims under the bar clamps to give me more room. I bet I got close to an inch up front. Out back I used a lowering link to drop it an inch. I run a lot of sag in back too. I also cut the seat foam down.

I have short stubby legs.

Top Bottom