HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
My weekends are getting less and less free these days (ain't marriage great?).

Anyhoo, I do have a full weekend pass on the 19/20 of this month (June). I'm game to travel anywhere in the CO/NM area (or nearby). So, I've picked a date, does anybody have a place?

Troy

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey HMS, TaxPHD, and folks- Next weekend is still fuzzy on the plans front, but Will and I are riding the Woodland Park trails THIS Saturday. Anybody interested?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Sorry CJ, can't make it today. I'll be at PMI tomorrow though, if anybody else will be. If so, PM me and we'll arrange to hook up.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
I'm game.
Just let me in on where.
Dont mind a drive for some new scenery.
Potential interferance from work, but chances are small.
(we just moved the whole enchilada to a new building...UGH)
How bout the Alb. guys?
VD get the engine back yet? If not, just put that Honda lawnmower mill in there. It'll be faster that way anyways!! :yikes:
OOoouuutch!!!! Hey its been a while since i did a wisecrack to the blue guys! (might be my LAST one eh?) :worship:
Now he'll run me over on purpose, not just by "accident"! :laugh:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Well, had an adventure of sorts at PMI yesterday. I went down with a friend who is learning to ride (on my CR500R :yikes: no less). He talked a few other friends come down and we had a good time inhaling all that dust out there. Not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. Anyhoo, one guy come down on his '97 XR650L - bone stock with dual sport tread (80% street, 10% dirt and 10% oh sheeeeeeeeeeeet!).

I rode it for a little ways.......still waiting for the power to show up :p

Well, he exceeded the tires ability to grip loose shale and the front end washed out and crushed his left shin bones - both of them. Wound up at St. Mary Corwin hospital in Pueblo, CO. Within 3 hours he was in surgery and out 2 hours later.

He knew how to ride, but had the bike only 3 weeks. And no insurance! :(

So, let me see.....last ride Adam (aceyduecy2000) cracked a rib and now this. Hmmmmmm.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Any further thoughts??????? I've been talking to Adam (aceyduecy2000) and we're leaning towards a Rampart camp/ride weekend, but would like to hear some options.

OAS: you still up for something? What about VD? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Troy

OnAnySunday said:
I'm game.
Just let me in on where.
Dont mind a drive for some new scenery.
Potential interferance from work, but chances are small.
(we just moved the whole enchilada to a new building...UGH)
How bout the Alb. guys?
VD get the engine back yet? If not, just put that Honda lawnmower mill in there. It'll be faster that way anyways!! :yikes:
OOoouuutch!!!! Hey its been a while since i did a wisecrack to the blue guys! (might be my LAST one eh?) :worship:
Now he'll run me over on purpose, not just by "accident"! :laugh:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
HomeMadeSin said:
OAS: you still up for something? What about VD? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Last i heard from Wes i think they were throwing a wild weeklong b-day party for him.
Something about a motel and the ladies from "girls gone wild"........ :aj:
oh to be 29 again! :rotfl:
(does that make up for the blue bike comment Wes???) LOL

What town is close by Rampart??
Think i determined it to be about 6 hrs.
Could do it if i prepped the pig day before and left at the crack of dawn.
Might depend on situation at home. (not much of that left anymore anyways...)
Mebbe ya could p.m. me your cell # and i could call once underway.
Sorry to be so "wishywashy", just things are a bit unstable at the moment.
And.......OMG! i forgot to order a new tire!
Ahhh there might be a ride or 2 left in it, (pigs are really bad on rear tires.......)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Yeah, the 5 hunny likes tires too, especially when I get the urge to feel the pull of a 2-stroke on asphalt.....

I sent you a PM. It's looking more and more like a local ride this late in the game - sorry about that. However, nothing is set in stone......

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Just FYI.
at the Aztec track last weekend i was talking to a guy from Soccoro who was in the hare scramble at "Avelanch ranch".
Happened to see the ad for the race at to local yammie dealer but was too late to even think about entering.

o.k. i know i was at a yammie place......
but i was buyin a clearance jersey, not checkin out the bikes...... :nener: hee hee

Any ways this guy came in 2nd in C class and mentioned that the course was really REALLY technical.
im sure they have a variety for different skill levels, but there must be some challenging sections for the die hard woods guys out there.
good thing i didnt go. id have probably hurt myself.
as it was i hurt myself anywhos.
laid her over in the "kiddies area" of all blamed things......
oh the humility of it all. :bang:
on the plus side though the pig now has a new set of pro-tapers!
(those stock bars must be made of oatmeal or sumthin....)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Good stuff. I did some fo-wheelin' in the SW part of CO the past couple of days. Even managed to see a sign for Farmington, NM somewhere outside Durango or Pagosa Springs. Sure looked like Ouray, Silverton and Durango had a lot of dirtbikes and Jeeps around. My kinda place. Oh, to have a dual sport.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
This will prolly sound silly coming from someone who's been to Durango about 50 gazzilion times, but..............

Dirtbikes? In Durango?
I know there is supposed to me mtn.bike heaven up there somewhere, but where is the dirtbikin'??? (and 4 wheelin?)
Durango always seemed to me a bicycle town.
Logic would seem to say that -w- all those gorgeous mountains though theres just GOTTA be a few trails up there somwhere for us motorized types........ :ride:

HMS, did ya see any trails there?
Any thing look promising?
Got the pigs swingarm and linkage greased up sat., and a Maxxis IT is on the way from RMA&M to go on this week.
Finally some traction for Mr.Pig!! :yeehaw:
Im gettin the itch to go SOMEWHERE different!
Colorado, Albuquerque, wherever.......LOL

ps: ya know ya've been over here too long when ya can spell Albuquerque correct without double checkin it..... :nener:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
OnAnySunday said:
P.S. ya know ya've been over here too long when ya can spell Albuquerque correct without double checkin it..... :nener:

:laugh: True, True. If your "pig" ever jumps in the back of the truck, and you end up in Abq. on a sunday morning, give me a heads up and I'll hook up with you and ride. If you can stand riding with a slow old guy! :think: Did I just say that?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
YZ165 said:
:laugh: True, True. If your "pig" ever jumps in the back of the truck, and you end up in Abq. on a sunday morning, give me a heads up and I'll hook up with you and ride. If you can stand riding with a slow old guy! :think: Did I just say that?

"slow old guy"???
i ride -w- one every weekend....... :uh:
actually at least 3.....me, myself and I. hee hee!

do you go for a scoot every weekend?
i usually do on......uhhh not to sound cliche....almost any sunday. :worship:
mebbe we could con....er ah that is convince beef706 and VD (got that motor broke in yet Wes?) into joining in too.
Can ya hear the truckin music?
"mercy sakes good buddy, we got ourselves a CONVOY!!"
ROFL!!!! :laugh:

yea i know. sometimes my sense of humor is a bit warped....

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I know BEEF706, He'll atest to my lack of skills!LOL Anytime you want to come down and ride I'm game! Self employed and broke, but still find time to ride! e-mail me. mryance[at]hotmail.com.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
OnAnySunday said:
This will prolly sound silly coming from someone who's been to Durango about 50 gazzilion times, but..............

Dirtbikes? In Durango?

OK, OK. I was referring to Ouray and Silverton and gave Durango the benefit of the doubt. :)

It was really cool to see so many XR600's parked along the main drag in those towns, next to Jeeps for rent and so forth.

On the way up Engineer Pass Road, I talked briefly with a Bimmer (GS650 or so) dual purpose rider, complete with big arse aluminum sadle bags on both sides. I would want to even guess how much that thing weighed. :yikes:

Must get a freakin' dual purpose bike before I explode..... :bang:

Top Bottom