Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thank you for the ultimate sacrifice.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NyVg7wl-Hz8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NyVg7wl-Hz8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
All gave some,
Some gave all............................

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
On Memorial Day I got the shake the hand of a 90 year old Marine!

On Monday I had to fly to Philadelphia. When I got to the rental car place I noticed a Marine sticker on this older guy's briefcase. In line I asked him if he wa a Marine. He told me that he served 36 years in the Marines. He graduated high school in 1938, so he must have served in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam (along with other possibilities I don't know).

He was not moving well and walked with a cane. He forgot something and had to go back outside to get something from his daughter or grand-daughter that was with him. While he as out I asked the 3 people in front of me if they could let this Marine in front of them. The 35 year old bi*** at the front of the line said something about having to get somewhere. The 55 year old guy behind her told me he was also a veteran. I thanked him, but I guess he still didn't get it. The 50 year old guy in front of me was cool and did let him go before him. I just don't understand how some people can look at themselves in the mirror.

When I went outside I got to help him and his daughter load their luggage. He was telling his daughter about how thankful he was that I appreciated his service. When he came home and got out in the mid 70s he likely had a bad reception. I was very happy to be able to tell him and his daughter that it was because of him and others like him that I was able to enjoy the freedom I have had all my life.

It was a very emotional moment and I was glad to be able to give him my thanks.

Top Bottom