A little helmet cam from the weeked

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Just a small little hill we play on....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LsVMjNz8nNk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Pretty cool! I would have been more impressed if you guys didn't have electric start :nener:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
I puckered just watching. What planet is that?

Did you say pucker? Well I have a trail named just that.....The Pucker trail near Bishop CA.

At the 6 minute mark is the "squeeze point". Most guys dismount and pass the bike to someone on the other side, a few go through like we did and many have said $#@%^& you and go back...lol

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H0oyfmdT6gI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
By the 60 foot mark I would have been laying on the ground, hugging a rock, and whimpering.

I've seen that before. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Cool vids. SoCal does have good riding. Do you use the wifi remote on your camera?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
RM_guy said:
Every time I see that video I gain a new respect for you..electric start and all!!

Ahhh, the magic button. Once you got it you never want to ride without it. Especially when you get old and have short legs.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
BSWIFT said:
Cool vids. SoCal does have good riding. Do you use the wifi remote on your camera?

No rermote. They want $70 for one so I'll just keep looking in my mirror or asking a friend if it's on.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Love your video, I got a GoPro at Christmas and have used it while driving in traffic :yikes:. I got the remote but really haven't had a chance to use it. There is a HS today nearby but I'm just too out of shape to race. :( The worst thing is mounting on the top of the helmet, we have too many low branches in the black jack infested woods around hear and I'll likely rip the thing off or effectively close line myself.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
BSWIFT said:
Love your video, I got a GoPro at Christmas and have used it while driving in traffic :yikes:. I got the remote but really haven't had a chance to use it. There is a HS today nearby but I'm just too out of shape to race. :( The worst thing is mounting on the top of the helmet, we have too many low branches in the black jack infested woods around hear and I'll likely rip the thing off or effectively close line myself.

Thanks. Low branches do yank your head back every once in a while with the camera mounted on top but I don't have to worry about that too often.

If I rode in the woods like you guys do I would mount it to the front of the mouth guard.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have considered getting a GoPro but am also worried about the branches, etc wacking the thing off my helmet. I ride a lot of tight stuff where there is lots of ducking. Has anyone used the chest mount?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
RM_guy said:
I have considered getting a GoPro but am also worried about the branches, etc wacking the thing off my helmet. I ride a lot of tight stuff where there is lots of ducking. Has anyone used the chest mount?

Don't have one, but here is sample of a vid from a chest mount cam. The results are pretty good.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=182903&highlight=helmet

I titled the thread helmet cam, but it is clearly not.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks for the ideas. Not sure if I like the idea of drilling holes in my helmet for the mouth guard mount but I do like the location. Do you have any problem hitting the camera on the triple clamps/handle bar when ducking under stuff?

The chest mount seems to be more protective of the camera so I'm leaning that way...but I still have to drop the money for a new Go Pro first!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
RM_guy said:
Thanks for the ideas. Not sure if I like the idea of drilling holes in my helmet for the mouth guard mount but I do like the location. Do you have any problem hitting the camera on the triple clamps/handle bar when ducking under stuff?

The chest mount seems to be more protective of the camera so I'm leaning that way...but I still have to drop the money for a new Go Pro first!

Get a used on on craigslist.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks for the link. :) I have pondered several options and that one is close, likely better. I tried the chest protector mount and really got the front fender real well. I'll try the side helmet mount next time out.

Top Bottom