fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
My club puts on a kids enduro each year.  We use recycled trophies - cleaned, repaired and a new i.d. plate.  Next year we would like to put on two events, but a concern has been expressed about an adequate number of trophies.

I mention this issue in this forum in case you are headed to Dirt Week and would like to make a donation.  Last year Wardy made a significant donation and our club was very appreciative.

If you are interested, please box up your donation and I will take it back to Michigan with me.  Please post any questions or comments.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
What a great way to recycle!  I'll see what we can dig up, although most of what receive now are wooden plaques.  Can you use those, too?

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Hmmm, I guess I've got to WIN a trophy before I can donate one. :( Someday...someday.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've got plenty you can have but I think the kids might be confused about the hockey player on the trophy instead of motorcycle :laugh:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Chili, part of the repair process is taking the baseball players, bicycles and hockey figures off the trophies and replacing them with a motorcycle.

Lori, we would prefer trophies as they are easier to update and store in our clubhouse.  We would not turn down any donation to the trophy/plaque fund.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by fatherandson
Chili, part of the repair process is taking the baseball players, bicycles and hockey figures off the trophies and replacing them with a motorcycle.

Super then I'll start searching for that box and throw it in the rv.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
F&S,
I have a box full of old trophys, I will also bring them. you sure your going to have enough room to take these all back, if every body brings some, your going to have quite a bunch, and they sure don't pack easily.

:thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Good point Zoomer.  I have talked to my travel partners and we feel after a week of eating and drinking that we will create some room for the trophies.

Darby

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2001
Fatherandson, can you post an address to send you some trophies? If I put them in the same trailer as Cal's helmet for 600 miles they will have to be destroyed.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Darby, can you confirm that you received my address?  I sent it by PM. 

I just found out I will be driving a borrowed vehicle to DW.  I will have PLENTY of room for any donations that you can bring to Cooperland.  THANKS.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
fatherandson in case you missed the thread about my sons injury, we will not be attending DW. Is your club in a real shortage this year? If so I can ship the box I had collected, otherwise I'll just keep adding to the collection for next years trip!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Chilli, I am sorry to hear about your son.  The club's need for trophy's will be in 2004.  Let me see how many trophies I pick up at DW.  If we need more, I will let you know and maybe the club can pay for the shipping costs.

I hope your son heals up soon!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DArby, thanks for the trophies.  We will put them to good use.  Please PM your address and I will send you some pictures from the trophy presentation of our event next year.

I also received some trophies from Jeff with the Heartland Spodes. 

THANK YOU.

Zoomer, Lori and Chilli, if we can work something our this winter, let me know.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Zoomer, Lori and Chilli, if we can work something our this winter, let me know.

Just PM me an address and I'll get it done. Will you need them before mid February? If not I'll wait until then since we are probably going to come down for the Minneapolis SX and I imagine shipping will be much cheaper. If you need them before that say the word and I'll get them out ASAP.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
with the storm out east the week before D/W, I did not get a chance to box up what I had to bring a long. I could box them up and send them this winter, that would not be a problem.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Zoomer,

Let me know when you get a chance to box them up - NO RUSH.  I am always open to a road trip.  Do you race at Wardy's or Casey yet this year.  We may be able to save on shipping costs.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Azzie race this week end will be the last race for me this year. Might go to Sunset Ridge the first week of Nov, there last race, but doughtful.

mz

Top Bottom