SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Everyone.....ROLL CALL. who's ready to get riding? Now that I can transport my own bike...I'll be doing MUCH more riding...and I'm chomping at the bit!!! We need to get a day picked out sometime and all get together for some ride/meet time!
Matt McGuyer

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am in no hurry to try the 480 indoors. Snow coming in between snow melts, ahhh the midwest. Where did Gary go indoors? Fox Valley and Trex's plans are still on? Where and when? Casey should be dropping the gate in a few weeks! Bite the snake that bit you Gary? Vintage Bob

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It was that place over in Anna, OH.. Wasn't too awful bad. Considering I came home smelling like the inside of my silencer.

Yeah, I haven't been back to Casey since the injury, but mostly because on the way there, I pass right by my own place. That's a hard thing to resist, you know, not as far, no entry fee.. Oh well. Maybe I'll make it back out to Casey some day.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Snow on the ground still? Lots of rain. Great time for drainage mods! Some heat pumps, a few circulating pumps, a few thousand feet of viega tubing, and bam, a hydronic heated track, open 365 days a year. CHEAP! Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
haha. heated track. now thats lotto-money style!

hey gary. mind if come up opening day and ride at your place? I'll bring plenty of camping beer!!!hahaha. Maybe even my famous campfire steak kabobs!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Gary, can you come pick me up? I hate driving solo. I should try to find all the peices of my basket case so I can go play in the snow.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
_JOE_ said:
Gary, can you come pick me up? I hate driving solo. I should try to find all the peices of my basket case so I can go play in the snow.
What basket case is that Joe, the 250f? Yuck! I will trade you all my old RM stuff, for that 250f rolling chassis. You can have the motor, pipe and cooling things. And I will deliver, just for you Joe! It will look sweet with an air cooled CR480EG motor in it. Vintage Bob

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah Bob, it's the 250f. The chassis is together, just as you need. Seems the chassis alone is worth almost as much as the complete bike?

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
I am sitting here in sunny florida its 75 today and perfect riding weather, if I only had something bigger than the 150R to ride, Good thing to know I only have to wait another month to get another 450, just wish my budget was better than 4500, So I am debating on whether to get the 08 honda or an 09 kawi, just never had anything but a honda. So who knows, Anybody know which honda is better the 07 or 08, I know they added the steering damper in 08 but did they do anything else? and I hear the kawis tranny is junk, So who knows what will have the pleasure to stay in the garage.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Got to love used 4 stroke mx race bikes? A pocket full of cash and them 250f motors complete and new out of Service, cheaper than a catastrophic rebuild. Slip the guy a steak sandwich from down the street, good bargaining power! There is a dolt on fleabay selling(trying) to push an already modded/abused cr250r frame to accept the 500 motor, already cracked front down tube. He's dreaming for 300, I told him so, and offered a righteous 70 dollars with shipping! That guy in Ohio is a hack. I am going to be thinking about that 480 motor Joe! Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
Yes, please do come up.. Not sure exactly when it'll be yet.. But it'll definitely be a camping weekend!

Sweet! I'll be there for sure!!! I'm ready to get some dirt on my new Sidi's. And YES Gary, I avoided the GWB's!hahaha. My wife said to stick with BMB's...not GWB's

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I'll tell her ya said so!hahaha. I only considered the GWB because they were the only SRS in stock and in my size. I ended up having the guy order me a black pair in the TA. It was my xmas present from my lovely wife.

I got em in St. Louis. they had 'em marked down 10% from the usual price. got em for under $430!

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
will things will warm up soon?

I wish I could say "I'll be right over & bring the Q & some good grub for after the ride".
The reality is that this time of year it's a 3-4 day drive from here to there. We just got a batch of el nino weather & can't ride above 4500 ' above sea level.
Best regards, Porkchop.... :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Raining and busting 50 today Porkchop. Too bad the ground is froze near a foot deep. 3-4 day drive, you need the keys to the DRN black helicopter. They will not let me have them, a seniority thing I guess? Heck, I am still working on them stickers! Wonder if the single track guys are out today? Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
That IS a haul! So where's the rest of our guys hiding?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
You still bikeless Bob? I recall you shopping(like we ever stop) not too long ago.

Top Bottom