Another get the hell out of Cali. thread.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It's getting tough for people here to keep up with home prices to, so it's all reletive. Average Dual Income is $32,000 a year with an average Median Home price of $174,000 (At least I think those are right) Thats an $1,200 a month mortgage on $2,666 a month income.
But for people from California you can use your equity and get a mansion! House is paid for, take a $12 an hour job and life the high life!
$3,000 a month would be a $475,000 dollar home. for $475,000 you get a 3500 to 5500 square foot house on 10 acres with a 3 gar garage and huge shop! I'd up root my family and move if I had equity in my house their. You can then afford to go on vacation to California :nener:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
bsmith said:
But for people from California you can use your equity and get a mansion! House is paid for, take a $12 an hour job and life the high life!

No, no, no. That's part of the problem! People leave California with all this equity and find out they can buy a huge house in some other state. They buy this huge house at a comparative bargain, but that just ends up inflating the local housing market. Nah, let the Californians stay in California. No sense polluting the rest of the country. :nener:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
LoriKTM said:
No sense polluting the rest of the country. :nener:

:laugh:

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
They buy this huge house at a comparative bargain, but that just ends up inflating the local housing market
I agree 100% and why I mentioned the local status. North idaho is even worse, with Median Home value around $220,00 and min wage about $5. Correct if I'm wrong Pred?

However I have a business in the service sector, and not many locals can afford it any more, so I need more non-locals to fill the gap.
I've also found many Californicators who buy 10 acres are clue less. One CA guy watched their neighbor spray and when he didn't spary that peice between them he got mad and called the Weed board and his builder (I know the builder)to complain about the neighbor. Instead of just asking the neighbor why he didn't spray the peice in question. So weed board came out and gave the land owner a warning. Funny part is the guy called himslef in :laugh:
He didn't even know where his property line was, just bought a field and was putting a house in it, lmao :rotfl:

So, I'm thinking of starting an acreage services for just such folks ;) If you can't fight it, at least make some money off it!

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
LoriKTM said:
No, no, no. That's part of the problem! People leave California with all this equity and find out they can buy a huge house in some other state. They buy this huge house at a comparative bargain, but that just ends up inflating the local housing market. :nener:

That argument is lame. Does it matter where the buyer is from? Better yet, do you think that homeowners who are looking to sell care about where the money comes from?

Your better off just saying you think Californians are the root cause of all evil.... cause we are!!!! :p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
bsmith said:
I agree 100% and why I mentioned the local status. North idaho is even worse, with Median Home value around $220,00 and min wage about $5. Correct if I'm wrong Pred?
$5.50 min wage.

I talked to a realtor the other day, and she said that 75% of the homes for sale in Latah County right now (population 35,000) are above $350,000.00. Trouble is, when someone has that much jack to spend on a house, they can afford to build themselves a new one, and there's a lot of that going on. The bottom is going to drop out of the market one of these days, and I hope I'm around to slick up on a nice new digs with some acreage.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
mxbundy said:
just to rent a small 3 bed room house my sister in law spends close to 3000 a month.
Correction... we pay $1800 a month

mxbundy said:
But lets hear your reasons for wanting to stay here so bad!
I need you to stay here so you can pay for the other half of this..

Attachments

• 27 stealth.jpg
    27 stealth.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Hi, can I be your new friend :)

oops should have used a ;)

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Might have to start selling Lucky's baseball cards :laugh:

Not much of a boat guy, but was thinking about some Honda Jet Skis! Move up here, the equity in your house you can get that boat and a bigger house, then put that on lake Pend Oreille.

I'd buy beer and gas for 1 motor :whoa: Only drawback WA has the highest rate of lawsuits so malpractice be about tripple!!

I haven't been to DW, but I think thats close enough to qualify :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
squeaky said:
Iowa would've been fine if they actually paid their employees out there!

Maybe I would agree if I had worked in more areas of the country. I guess from my current viewpoint, I don't think Iowa is so bad. No, the pay isn't so high here but it's cheap to live.

We have a decent 3 br house, 2 bath, about 1700 sq ft, two fireplaces, two stall garage, very nice condition, lots of big oak trees and pay $650/month for a 30 year mortgage, including insurance and property taxes. So it's not a mansion and we aren't each pulling down six figures here, but then again we don't need to.

The land is flat and there are no mountains or ocean to look at.

We do have a riding park 5 minutes away with a well maintained track, and trails. Lots of wildlife. When that gets boring, there are many other parks and tracks within 1-2 hours.

Work is about a 15 minute, low stress drive for both myself and the wife.

it ain't heaven, and it ain't for everyone but...well, it is what it is.

Top Bottom