BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I got the bike all preped to ride with DWreck at the 500. The wife took the ATV to go check the fences. The last few days, we had a lot of gusty winds and the result was lots of the broken branches from the ice storm crashed the fence.
If you haven't driven thru this area, you really can't picture the distruction. Not trying to down play recent ice storms but this one was particularly brutal. So, I got the dozer, tractor, chainsaws, and ropes and headed down to fix fence.
We had to use the dozer to clear a trail for the tractor. We used the tractor to pull debris away from the fence and cut the rest off of the fence and the made repairs. We had more damage from the wind blown limbs than the direct result of the ice. You really have to watch above your head as you walk thru the woods, looking for "widow makers".
On a positive note, Craig_enid called and then drove over to deliver his brush chipper. Thanks, Craig. Tammy and I will be coming over to take Mary and you out for dinner soon. :cool:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yep, i had a couple more large limbs come down this weekend but they didn't hit anything.

Top Bottom