Jun 14, 1999
Hey guys,
I was up in Albuquerque over the Thanksgiving weekend...stayed in the Hampton Inn out by the airport.

I drove by Southwest Cycles...the folks that deal in old British bike parts and stuff. They were closed, but I saw a flyer up on their window advertising "First Annual Motorcycle Hillclimb" out at 9-mile hill.

I've seen this 9-mile hill area mentioned in previous posts on this board, but I'm unsure exactly where-a-bouts this riding area is at?

Anyone have a clue? Did this hillclimb amount to anything?

HeliDoctor

Oct 16, 2001
Vincent, 9 mile hill is going west out of Albuquerque. That long climb out of town (might be about 9 miles long?) would not know where the actual hillclimb event would take place.....

Jun 14, 1999
West out of town like on I-40, or southwest as in down along I-25 out near the airport?

Like I said Im really curious...we dont have many good hills to ride down my way as you know.

As much as I enjoy hillclimbs I would be willing to make a weekend of it with the camp trailer and scope it out. You know how it is, the grass is always greener on the other side. :D

HeliDoctor

Oct 16, 2001
Vincent, sorry my last message was so short, I was down in Corpus Christy, TX. picking up a helicopter for the Air Force and did not have much time to write.Nine mile hill is the long hill going out of Albuquerque on I-40, Iknow they have some small sand dunes along the way but nothing major so that's why I'm wondering where this event will take place.CP 688-1797:think

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
More specifically, nine mile hill would be west of ABQ on old highway 66. The only riding area I know of out there is mostly kwads and trucks. I have vague memory of an area farther south of 9 mile hill.

Did the flyer have any directions? Or, did it say what club was sponsoring the hill climb? I could call southwest cycles and ask for more details.

HeliDoctor

Oct 16, 2001
Thank you for better directions, I'm not that familiar with Albuquerque yet, if anybody finds out more I would like the info to go and watch.....:eek:

Top Bottom