HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'm well overdue for a ride....Haven'r ridden since PMI when I met CJRider, taxphd and a few others.

Since we've got some snow headed our way tonight, I think south is key word. Can't think of anything more convenient than Pueblo. Woodland Park is supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, and I imagine Rampart is the same.

Any takers? I think Adam (aceyduecy2000) is in. CJ, Scott?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
C'mon now, Mile High crew! I know we just 2 inches of the white stuff yesterday, but it'll be gone today. There might actually be some traction at PMI tomorrow! :yeehaw:

I might actually be able to use half of the 500cc's on tap.

What d'ya say?

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I'd love to, but the doc says no riding for another two weeks. I'd hate to mess up my wrist even more and be out for the entire summer.

A buddy invited me to go with him to Moab this weekend, and I had to say no. Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!! :eek:

Scott

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Hang in there Scott......don't let the next 2 weeks of sunny weather get to ya!

For anybody else that may show up, I'll be cruisin' with Adam down there. Should be there around 10:00 or 11:00 ish. Look for a classic Ford truck (brown) with an '04 YZ450F and my old CR500. Ride On!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey HMS- Ray (crazy wheelie man) will be at the house in about an hour and then we're headed for the trails. (Little red pickup with Ray's CR450F and my little grasshopper) We'll prolly park here at the south end of the Divide trails and then head north towards Rampart. Maybe we'll see you and Adam? I shoulda posted this sooner, but it's been a really long week. What happened to your wrist, Scott?

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I banged it up back in January, the first day I rode my KDX. It wasn't very bad, but it never got any better. It was a torn ligament. Had arthroscopic surgery on it, and should be back to normal.

Scott

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Scott- I'm glad ya got that fixed up. Yell whenever yer ready to ride again because the mtn trails are open and they're calling your name!

HMS and Adam- That was HUGE fun today riding with you guys on the mtn trails; THANKS!!!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
CJ: Adam and I had a good time....well, I know I did at least. I didn't realize Adam would go around and start huggin' trees! :laugh: He coulda waited until we got back to the parking lot!

I called Adam today. He cracked a rib and banged up his leg and shoulder I think. They've got him cruizin' on vicodin.

Thanks for waiting for us. It may be a while before I can drag Adam back out there, but I'm game for some Friday afternoon rides if possible.

I need to learn to stand up more....coulda really used an inflatable donut at work today.. :)

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
mmm... inflatable dohnuts....mmmm...(in homer simpson voice) that was a good ride except for the tree incident..hope adam is good , I know his pain....why do you guys keep accusing me of wheelies :p :laugh:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Ray3667 said:
...why do you guys keep accusing me of wheelies :p :laugh:

It helps us deal with the fact that we look like mid-life crisis newbies riding a Harley thru the woods...... tryin' to keep up with the red blur that is the CRF450:worship:

Both you and Jen smoked us for a while....She just ridden wheelies past us....yet!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Sounds like a fun time!
Any towns / cities close to where y'all were riding?
Would like to check -w- mapquest to see how much of a trip it would be to drive if ya ever do it again.
That is if ya dont mind a fat old guy on a fat not so old bike tryin to keep up! LOL :laugh:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Wally: we were riding about 15 minutes (at the trailhead) west of Colorado Springs. It's actually just outside Woodland Park, CO. There's a pretty extensive network of trails up there and not nearly as crowded as the northen end of Rampart Range (where I live).

Actually, I had to scoot down to Albuquerque Thursday and Friday. got back late last night. Managed to sneak a trip into a local bike shop to buy a shirt (the last one I had the nurse cut-off when I broke the c-bone). They indicated Rio Rancho was a huge place to ride and the weather was awesome. However, I was hoping to find out about someplace to ride near the border, like Raton or Trinidad. That way, it wouldn't be too far for either NM or CO. Know of any place?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
"puter map sez Woodland park is about 330 miles from here.
A bit of a drive, but would be worth it someday.
(gotta see what all the fuss is about over these Co. trails!)

Never been to either Raton or Trinidad.
Way further east than Farmington.
Farthest east ive been is almost to Dulce, and that was just buisness.
Are you (or any other Coloradians) gonna try to make it to Moab next weekend?
( think we oughta nickname it the "Tejas DRN'ers go west" ride....) :ride:
I'm gonna try for it early sat., mebbe camp in the Bronco sat. nite, and head home sun.

Mebbe "Murphy" will leave me alone THIS time............shhhhh!

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Yeah, not much interstate around your area.

Can't make Moab, unfortunately. Hopefully soon though.

What flavor is the Bronco? 1st gen?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Almost bought a 1st gen once.
A very cherry '77 -w- a 302 /4speed & brand new Firestone T&C's all round! Real snow digger.
Mine is a '90 B2 (ranger based). wanted a full sized, but those things will eat you outa house and home!
Great 4X4's though!
It's just a 2.9 v6 XL model -w- the basics, but it tows well for what it is.
Heck it pulled me, my gear, tools and Flash-2 (the XL) to DW02 doin 70 to 80 mph and averaging about 20mpg the whole way. :cool:
Even auto's run much better at lower altitudes! :thumb:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Yeah, I like the 1st gen's, both Bronco and Blazer. I had a '72 Blazer K5 as my daily driver (90 miles round trip). Although it guzzled gas like a undergrad does a beer bong, it was unique. How many classics do you see on the road. I just couldn't keep up with the maintenace w/o a back-up ride.

It hauled the bike well too. I used to take the top off and load up the bike just like a truck.....now I'm just another Jeep driver....

Top Bottom