scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
CRFGuy said:
Hey, why don't you try for a place a little further away. I here the riding out in CA or OR on the west coast is awesome.
This coming from the person who expects the RI crew to come down during the week to buy a membership to RAC so they can ride the weekend :coocoo:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hmmmm, Late sept early oct maybe????? I could use a few days off out in the woods. What group are you thinking about riding?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
With Lost Trails gone, I need to get out and ride.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Similar situation to Paragon where the land owners basically broke the lease and kicked them out. Lost Trails did open thier motocross practice track when the park was closed, at a different location http://www.headquartersmotofacility.com/index.html and plan to have thier new trial system opened for 2011. Not completely unexpected, but they were hoping to get through the rest of the year, and have the new property ready to go if/when this got shut down.

I'll keep you guys posted the best I can on the new park which will be about 20-25 miles north of Lost Trails.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
We rode Browning Forks system last time. It was good, we had some crappy weather so we did not get to see many of the harder trails but the campground we stayed at (Twin Pines) was awesome and close to town by the trail. They had very nice cabins for the soft bellied (NATE!) and the view was great. The trail mix and layout was very nice with easy green (commuter) trails over the whole area so you could scoot nice and easy to where ever you wanted and back. It was the best system for the mixed skill group as better riders could take harder loops and still get back to the main trail and join the others when it cut back in.
Looks like that system is now called the Rock house system.
http://www.trailsheaven.com/trailsystems/detail/RockHouse,4.aspx
The Rockhouse Trail System is located between the towns of Man and Gilbert, consists of 89.3 miles of trail. Rockhouse has one trailhead located just outside the town of Man, WV with a two-acre parking area and restrooms. Rockhouse has the largest total mileage of any of the six Hatfield-McCoy Trail Systems and offers a wide variety of trails for all difficulty levels. The breakdown in trail percentages for this trail system is as follows: 47.3 miles or 53% are green trails (easiest), 19.7 miles or 22% blue (more difficult), 10.9 miles or 12% black (most difficult), 4.3 miles or 5% red/black trails (extremely difficult), and 7.1 or 8% orange (single track only). This trail system has direct access to the cities of Man and Gilbert, WV. Each of these towns offer fuel, full service food, and lodging accommodations.

We stayed on the Gilbert side but road into Mann.
That's the only one I have ridden, I would do it again no problem. I would also hit any other group as well but hey, that's me ;-)
www.trailsheaven.com has a very nice breakdown of all the systems with GPS cords and maps.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
JasonJ, how late in the season can you ride down there before it is too cold? I still would llike to get down there.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Jason might be the wrong one to ask as every once in a while I can get him to join us in south jersey over the winter. Last year was the first in years that I can remember where the snow cover lasted through most of it preventing us from doing much riding down there. Hope that isn't the case this year.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
The climate there is pretty close to ours at home due to the elevation, the weather can be quite unpredictable in those valleys, it could be cold and raining on one side and warm and sunny on the other. I would say late October to early November should be safe if not a bit nippy in the AM. Gets cold on those hills at night if your camping.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
As much as I would love to hit it in the fall and hit it this year I don't think it's going to happen. I would love to try to put it together for late April 2011 since that's my big 3-0 birthday and I want to take a few days to ride with buds.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You're only going to be 30??? You look a lot older :nener:

Crap, you're young enough to be my kid...what's you mother's name? :p

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Then this thread is dead til spring. Aint nowhere left to ride legally around here. havent ridden all year. Might just get rid of the bike then.

Top Bottom