JayPak

Jan 14, 2003
Anyone been to Shady Grove the last couple days? Just curious if the the track is actually preped since their first "race" is only 5 days away...

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I was just there a week ago and its pretty much, no wait a minute, its exactly the same. I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll be out there to witness the first big race.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Inquiring minds gotta know....

I'm going to run over there at lunch and check to see the new and improved Shady. I'll let you know all about the massive improvements when I get back.  :silly:

JayPak

Jan 14, 2003
Yeah, please do let us know.

I'm thinking that the track will probably look the same....maybe they got a new "chicken shack"!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What can I say.... I was astounded...... awestruck.....  

It SUCKED!  Not one change that I could see.  It wasn't even worth getting out of the car to scout around.  I don't have a damned clue how Chuck thinks he's going to be able to get anyone to enter a race on that POS track.

If he took a dozer to it now, the track would instantly turn to powered sugar and blow away in the wind.  Going out there was a waste of time and gas..... :|

70Goat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2002
I am going to be out of town during the race :(

Can some one go out and video the race for me? Well at least the first lap, after that I doubt you will be able to see anything through all the dust ;)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I can envision the gate drop now, everyone starts standing in the back of their truck/or trailer, bike still tied down, in street clothes, the flag waves, clothes are changed in a feverish pace, bikes are unloaded and off to the track, the first turn is the one out of the pits onto the track. That's when you start to notice jerseys on backwards, people with one glove, boots unstrapped, dudes in coaching shorts ;) , bikes dieing b/c the gas was still turned off.

If nothing else they have generated a little interest in their new endeavour.

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
the racers have to do three donuts in the parking lot before they hit the track

Last edited:
Top Bottom