DGMCR250

Apr 5, 2004
I found a website www.dunereview.com they have a bunch of pictures of the st. anthony dunes in Idaho. I actually went to BYU-idaho for one semester in 1995 and remember playing on a bunch of small dunes at night and having bomb fires. I didn't have a bike then but the dunes looked a lot of fun. who has been there? i assume that it would be worth the 4 hour drive to get there and play for a weekend. i have not been to little saraha yet. how are the two areas different? i don't remember it being as hot there in the summer as it is here.

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
St. Anthony is a good place to go during the summer when Lil' Sahara is just too hot. It is usually about 10 degrees cooler. It also has just a different sand experience. Definitely worth going to. It's best done as a weekend trip or overnight Fri/Sat so you can start riding early.

MX

DGMCR250

Apr 5, 2004
what do you mean it has a different sand experience? I have ridden the dunes out of Coos Bay Oregon a few times and the Pismo Beach dunes in California but I have not ridden any dunes that weren't on the coast like those two places.

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
The St. Anthony dunes are much larger. There are huge bowls, especially on the west end of the dunes. As mentioned, the hill climb challenge at St. Anthony is known as "Choke Cherry". It's not as big as Sand Mountain at Little Sahara but is steeper.

It is a different experience because it has lots of big huge rolling dunes. Little Sahara (with the exception to the "backside" behind Sand Mountain) is lots of smaller dunes with trails in between. Both are fun....just a different type of experience.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom