May 22, 2002
I haven't presonally ridden it, but I have rode with the guy that owns
that bike. It's definately a good looking bike. I believe Maico
is making a comeback after new ownership. Go to the website and send
for info if interested: http://www.usmaico.com/

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks RanMan, That's where I got the pic from. I just couldn't resist posting it.
I used to ride a buddies Maico 500 (I think it was a 500) back in the early 70's along with CZ's, Penton's, etc.

I'd love to show up at the next turkey run or hare scrambles w/a new Maico and see how many people flock to see it.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
ah-o- better get Maico :eek:

BonChance13

May 7, 2002
Yes...I had an '01 500 mc until it was stolen,almost 2 years now.I still think about that bike everyday and the unholiest of hells the person(s) resonsible for stealing it would experience if I ever came across them.
Great bike,I imported mine directly from the Kostler in Germany.It was almost to nice to ride.It used Yamaha fenders and side panels('96-'01) and the seat cover from Yamaha's of the era would fit as well.They have the best of everything,including a hydraulic clutch. The best site IMO is www.maicobrothers.com , on this site you will find photos of my bike as well as lots of info for the newer Maicos.If you want an overpriced Maico with lots of options you can always get an ATK/Maico.If I can help anybody with info please let me know.

Nevertheless

Jul 1, 2003
Hey Jackpiner57,

Do you lie awake at night 'pining' for a 501 Maico? You must really be a gnarly old fart New England dirt rider. I do NOT miss my 1968 Ossa 250 Pioneer. I do remember riding those power lines outside Manchester NH, and around Otis Air Force Base on the Cape. Betcha you can't go on those anymore.

-Nevertheless
'99 Katoom 200 EXC
'00 cbr929rr
'83 Guzzi 850 LeMans III (red of course)
'85 TY 350

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Hey Nevertheless, I would like a 501 Maico! I miss my 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiner too!

I don't know about those power lines but if I had a 501, I could go straight up the side of the mountain to Sandia Peak!

Whaddaya think of that you old Southwest lizardneck?

Next time you get the chance, go to Coyote Joe's and get the ribs. Don't forget to put halfa bottle of the GREEN pepper sauce on em. :debil:

Nevertheless

Jul 1, 2003
OK jackpiner.......

Who you calling 'Lizardneck" ??

We do our local riding at Alcalde (north of Espanola about 300,000 acres of BLM desert badlands transitioning into mountains) and the Jemez Mtns outside Los Alamos. (bring the glow in the dark dirtbikes). That spaghetti of pavement up Sandia Peak is for the cbr929.

Are you going to be at Dirt Week. I'm gonna hunt you down and do I have a surprise for YOU.

-Nevertheless

(a.k.a. Rraven929 on the cbr list)

Top Bottom