Anyone ride at Red River on HWY 78?

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
I live like right by this place and what it is is a bunch of sand trails and dunes and whoops galore and at first no one owned it and there would be tons of trash down on the trails but then someone bought the land and fixed it up realllly nice and I bet I see at least 200 people down there everyweekend. I've been there about 4 or 5 times and I really like it. I might be going this weekend, maybe Saturday evening or all Sunday. Has any DRN'er ever been to this place? It's located on the Red River, Texas and Oklahoma's natural border, and is located on the Oklahoma side. I live in North-East Texas so for me I go north on HWY 78 and it's right to your left once you pass the bridge. For you Oklahoma people, you would just go South on HWY 78 and it's on your immediate right BEFORE you hit the bridge. I think it's mostly the locals who come there but I was just seeing if anyone else on DRN ever goes there ;) :confused:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
how big of an area is it? we usually make a few trips per year down that way. i like dunes.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I would say its a decent sized area, but there aren't really any real dunes I would say.Just a bunch of sand, sand trails,several open spots and if the river is down you get can on the sandbars.If you don't mind lots of quads and take the risk of being plowed over by one on a trail it's not to bad. :eek:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my atlas shows highway 78 being about 20 miles east of dennison so it must not be muenster.

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
It's no where near Muenster. The closest "big" town is Bonham, and HWY 78 goes straight through Bonham, on Main Street.

Top Bottom