WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
A little more trail and less road would be nice.

Other than that the Triple B was a fun ride. Next time I’ll remember to let the air out before the ride starts. I had two other good crashes and a few gnarly swappers followed by a detour in the weeds. Gotta watch out for those slick roots. Also did a perfect power slide coming across that slick bridge with a turn in the middle. The guy shooting film on that last big rocky hill took some great footage of me. I crashed right in front of him while trying to avoid running into Alex Ernst.

Thanks for putting it on. :cool:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
The reason for all the road in the middle was because he (Jason) wanted to keep everything perfectly legal. We've been taking a beating from the state about using illegal trail. Love that last rocky hill Jayled would be the guy filming. One one the guys sweeping with us flipped his bike right in front of me going up it I was second in line I was able to avoid him but I guess he created a little carnage behind me. You want less road I'll take you on the pizza run you'll be sorry you said that.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Oh yeah... the pizza and adult beverages after the ride was most enjoyable. :)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Nice Ride DJ. That last rocky hill was a blast. Tell the film crew I was the one using WoodsRider for traction when he fell :thumb:. The consensus of our group: We all liked the trail sections, but would have been happy to see a couple more tossed in.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by BRush
when he fell
He fell on the first hill, then fell on the last hill. Good thing we didn't put any "REAL" hills in there. He'd still be out there. ;) I would have like to see more trail too but the only way to legally make it out to Beartown SF was the way he went. There's always next year (That coming from a true Red Sox fan)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by BRush
Tell the film crew I was the one using WoodsRider for traction when he fell.
That was Bob you were using. ;)

I may fall down, but I always make it up a hill. :moon:

Last edited:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Jason's going to make me a copy of the video, we'll see who was using who for traction. He claims there was more carnage on the hills in the turkey run then there was on the ledges from the enduro. Hummmm, Bill made it to the hills in the turkey run. He never did make it to the ledges. Could this be mere coincidence. :think:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Busted :ugg:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dan, it's a darn good thing Dave doesn't ride turkey runs. You guys would still be trying to get him off that hill. :scream:

BTW Dave, there were rocks on that hill. We all know how you feel about rocks. ;)

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I had a chance to review the film of the BBB the other day. Scanning through the video I see Bob Young sitting on one side of the hill, while one WoodsRider crashes right in front of the camera. BRush parts the two and does a very nice job of cleaning the hill, while WoodsRider struggles to upright his bike. The girl you guys were with, I think she was on a new KDX struggled big time. But all the real carnage came after. People were struggling all over the place. Bikes were in the woods, on the ground, spinning their tires like crazy. One thing the film doesn’t show and that’s how steep the hill really is. Well maybe I’ll see some of you guys at the Pachaug Rock Ride on Sunday.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Scanning through the video I see Bob Young sitting on one side of the hill, while one WoodsRider crashes right in front of the camera. BRush parts the two and does a very nice job of cleaning the hill, while WoodsRider struggles to upright his bike... But all the real carnage came after. People were struggling all over the place. Bikes were in the woods, on the ground, spinning their tires like crazy. One thing the film doesn’t show and that’s how steep the hill really is.
That wasn't Bob, that was Alex... no foam ears on the visor. Too bad I missed all the real carnage. Will you have this video at the C o c kaponset?

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I can bring the tape to the enduro it has other stuff on it though (The National, Jayled trip to Hatfield McCoy and the BBB). It was definitely Bob sitting on the left of the trail. I know those foam Mickey Mouse ears anywhere. There may be someone else there I may not have noticed or was out of view of the camera.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I know those foam Mickey Mouse ears anywhere.
That's definitely Bob. Interestingly enough I have a '91 Blackwater Video that has a clip of Bob at the Rte. 93 crossing. One of his ears is partially missing, but it's him. His style(?) is so elegant that they run the clip twice, in slow motion. :eek:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
…But all the real carnage came after. People were struggling all over the place. Bikes were in the woods, on the ground, spinning their tires like crazy. One thing the film doesn’t show and that’s how steep the hill really is.

We heard some stories about the traffic jam from a couple of whipped riders while we were waiting for Lisa to make it out of that section. Sounds like an interesting bit of video.

Top Bottom