dstrk_sys

Mar 24, 2006
Hi Everybody,
Im not sure if this is where I am suppose to post this; I sure hope so.

I live in the Lexington KY area and looking to get back into riding. I am now 22 and haven't been on a bike in about 7 years. I rode a little bit when I was a teenager, but ended up selling my bike simply because I couldn't find anybody my age to ride with. I don't think I ever actually "got over it" ; I just enjoyed what little time I had so much.

Since then I have started my own business and now I have some extra money and some free time. I have been seriously considering buying another bike and getting back into it; that is if I can find some people to ride with.

While I will take any riding I can get; I mostly would prefer to stay in the woods. I also probably should mention that my 'skill level" is basically a newbie; so ya gonna have to take it easy on me. I have too much responsibility to get too stupid.

Thanks

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Welcome, ds!

You can find lots of riding to do in your area.
If you get the bike, you will find folks to ride with for sure.

Take in all you can from this place and try to get a feel for just what bike you may want to hunt for.
You are at an advantage to many because you are starting essentially from scratch, and it appears you have the means to do so.
I would take my time and make an informed purchase and let the fun begin.

You'll find that many of the riding areas around will have loops that are much easier than others. It won't take you long before you start venturing into some more difficult trails, especially since you already have the basics.
And don't pass up the opportunities to take laps on the mx tracks either. That is also a bug that is hard to shake.

Again, welcome...and let us know when you find a bike to buy!

dstrk_sys

Mar 24, 2006
Jaybird,
Thank you! I have found this whole forum to be very helpful; there is most definitly a lot that could be learned from this place if you look for it. I am pretty impressed with how friendly and helpful the people are in general. I have already been trying to take advantage of it to try to get a feel for the bike that would best suit me. Looking through all the pictures and reading all the post, I see it's going to be very hard for me NOT to get back into riding; it sucks you in.

P.S. You are the same Jaybird that has the blog with the flight logs; right ? Flying is something I have ALWAYS wanted to do; I came a hair short of joining the Air Force when I got out of high school, but I opted to start a construction business. This summer I am going to begin the process of getting my pilots license; I am pretty stoked !

Top Bottom