Do we bag?

• Yes, we need to keep our tools and food out of the hands of chipmunks.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No, I like to leave tools and food for the forrest animals.

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dirt Bike Gear has offered to supply a fender / number plate / fanny pack bag or combination of for the AFX project. I think they make THE BEST product out there and I know Ivan still has the DBG bag he tested quite a while back and it is still holding up well.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
These poll questions seem skewed . . . :rotfl:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Got a photo or link?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
great product, need it get it done.
I wouldn't hit the woods without a bag of some sort for tools

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Gotta have a tool holder.

If Pat and Ivan like the DBG bag, I trust their judgement.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have three DBG bags on my bikes right now.

I absolutely believe they are the most bulletproof bags I have seen anywhere. The quality of materials and construction is top notch.

Thank you CO Dan for offering up your products.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
to those voting no. How about offering up a reason.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'll vote for a bag but not a rear fender bag as, in my case, it makes it harder to swing my leg over the bike. Dan makes excellent products.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I'm offering any of the products that I currently make.

I'm also offering a brand new product. I'll call it the "Racer" bag - if you don't want something as big as the Medium or KDX bag, I'll have within 2 weeks something sleek, small and light. Here's a description.
------------------
A lot of trail riders seem to like my KDX or Medium fender bags. But I think some are turned off by the bulky appearance. And some feel that one of these bags would get in the way. A slimmer, smaller, lower bag might suit them better.

So I've been thinking for several years about a "racer" fender bag, basically a bag big enough to hold the essential tools and no more - an enduro tool kit perhaps.

1) shape and dimensions - It would be "tapered" front to back for a more attractive appearance and to get out of way.That would make it about 5.5" wide (at the front), 7" long (long enough for anything but a tire iron), ~1.5" high. It would taper to about 4" at the rear. This is a shape and size that would fit KTMs nicely, but also lots of other bikes like YZs and KXs.

2) inside features - foam bottom and built in multi-size elastic tool slots, similar to my tool wrap and fanny pack. So there would be lots of flexibility in the tools that would be held tightly.

3) zip open flat - the bag would zip open and lay flat (on the back of the fender) so that the bottom of the bag and the top of the bag could both hold tools. Stop, zip it open, access all your tools.

4) Padded top - some sort of padded top to help protect the riders jewels and provide a sleek top, easier to slide over.
-------------------------
Given that this product is brand new I would of course send one entirely on approval. If you don't like it, don't use it. For that matter, I'll send anything on approval.

I promised Patman I'd send him a sketch and I will do that tomorrow. I'm working with the sewing people on Tuesday, so I could have one to you in 2 weeks max.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Those look like great bags, but I would only equip the bike with the small (front tube size) pack for the front fender.

The 'Racer Bag' is of interest, though. If it is ready in time for the magazine, sure, put it on, but only if it is very low profile.

I am very impressed with the fanny pack shown at the link.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Poll closes tonight, get your votes in.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It looks like Dan will have the new smaller fender pack availabe for us. Just to give a sleeker look. I'd choose the smaller pack over the larger tool packs. You can still carry the essentials in it, so it fits the bill.

No off road bike worth it's salt should leave the pit area without some sort of tool pack either on the rider or on the bike.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Papakeith said:
No off road bike worth it's salt should leave the pit area without some sort of tool pack either on the rider or on the bike.
And carrying them in a big Camelback is NOT the way to go! I'm tired of that route and have been putting off a fender back because like Kiwi I tend to end up throwing myself on the ground when I catch the rear fender bag with my boot. Dan's new stealth fighter design sounds like it will fit the bill for me so no matter what ends up on the AFX my 284 will have one of the new design bags. :aj:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
agreed, I've already written Dan about availability. I have been carrying tools in my camelback for a couple of years. I want that weight off my back. I'll be getting one of Dans new packs when they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom