rwhitlock

Dec 11, 2002
I am not new to riding, but I am new to motocross tracks. I have done trail riding and hill climbing since I was a kid.

Now, for some unexplained reason, I would like to try motocross. However, I just don't seem to have the nerve to launch off some 30 foot double. I don't know anyone that races or rides tracks to give me pointers on 'how to jump'. I love corners and whoops. I have ridden Delta, but only had about 30 minutes to ride. I basically rolled everything there, but had a blast with the downhill and uphill cornering...

So, with that in mind, is it possible for me to ride the kids tracks to get a feel for jumps, etc.. or are there 'beginner tracks' that have smaller table tops or doubles in the 15 to 20 foot range? I would like to start small and work up to the larger ones.

Thanks for the help,

Rod

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Well, Delta is a very good track to gain experience and confidence on. There is also jordan river which is all tabletop jumps. Some would say the ATV track at Deseret Peak is a good novice track but I think it's amess and you are better off rolling the bigger jumps on the main track and jumping what you feel comfortable with.

You will do much better to go with some experienced riders though as they can at least tell you what gears they are using on certain jumps and just have someone to be there in case you need help loading your bike ;)

Let me know if you want to go sometime. I should be going somewhere this week but, not sure where.

GL

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
motoxpress, i just looked at the pics of your bike for sale, and we have identical twins. I have the same seat cover, sticker kit and numberplate backgrounds on my 02. My tank stickers even came off so only the rad stickers are left. weird. I don't have the PC pipe, but next week I plan on getting it or the factory fatty, not sure.
I need to get to a track this week as well. For your first time on a track it is hard to beat Jordan River for ease, Delta is a great confidence booster and Price adds just a little more challange without being intimidating or difficult like Tooele. I havent been to Ogden but they are having an open practice next Wed.
Cy

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
I'm a member of Ogden Cycle Association (the Ogden Track) and the open practice is not Wednesday, but the following Wednesday July 30. You can check www.ocaclub.com for more information. The website isn't always real current but it does have contact info for the club presidency.

Top Bottom