Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Thanks for the reminder Rat. I was planning to do a few this year, but it slipped my mind to check the schedule. I'm about 60% for the first one, but I'll definitely do a couple more later in the season. I did four of the five races two seasons ago, and ended up 4th in the Open Pro points. The course was excellent for all but one race when there was some snow. Great turnout too, about 400 riders usually. I've learned to sleep in and go out for practice as late as possible. Early practice is a mud bog, and the lines in the corners are not established until 300 or so riders have gone through. I usually run a filter skin on my bike because by the 1.5 hour mark, my bike is sputtering and my filter looks like a chocolate bundt cake. My CRF will go the whole race with one gas stop. Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be #64. Good luck.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Right on Shig. I'm not 100% sure if I'll make it either but if I do I'll look for ya. I'm 702 on a 04 yz 125.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Bummer, Rat...it was a really fun. A little cold at first, maybe only 35 degrees for practice, but it warmed up nicely by noon. The course was fantastic with perfect traction and hardly any mud to speak of (even for practice). They made some changes to the MX section, so it wasn't the same ol' Berthoud track. They still had the 100mph straight in the back section too. I'd guess about 300 riders showed up. Even with a gas stop, Matt Karlsen won the overall.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I had my bike in the van gear loaded and was ready to go.... It was cold and snowing up here so I pussed out. My buddy from up here Johny electric went and said it was great! I think he got 7th or so in the Vet B even though he crashed a few times,LOL! How did you do? I hope to make the next one or maybe one of those Aztec winter MX's.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Fierce Monkey Butt

I raced Vet A, so I musta been right next to your buddy on the line. I had some "challenges" but ended up 4th in Vet A and about 8th to 10th overall. On the first lap, I missed the turn for the checkpoint (DOH!), turned around, and lost two positions. Got back into second in Vet A, but lost 2 positions when I stopped for gas. Maybe those big tanks are cool after all.

The worst part of my ride was when the mouthpiece on my Camelback popped off at the 45-minute mark. About a liter of Fierce Melon Gatorade went shooting through the vents in my pants and all over the seat of my bike. With air temps in the 40s, it was eye opening to say the least.

Maybe I'll see you at Thunder Valley this Sunday. You were railing the last time I saw you there, especially on the big downhill sweeper :aj: .

Last edited:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Damn! Thats awesome, good ride! Sounds like I missed a fun race.

Yeah I'll be down there this weekend. The downhill sweeper? Oh yeah, that's where you went by me like I was stopped. LMAO! It was fun riding with you, for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to hang for more than a few turns next time.

Top Bottom