Crash217

May 4, 2005
Did anyone else go? DWreck? I thought I saw your GG loaded up after the event but didn't get a change to investigate.

My buddy and I headed down friday afternoon and crashed at my mom's house in Sapulpa for the evening.

Got up saturday, headed to camp and did the Poker Run. That was blast. I haven't done one of those in years. I ended up with second place in the poker run with 3 Kings. It netted me a trophy and a set of cycra mx hand guards. Cool.

Went to the BJEC year end meeting and changed a few rules and new officers for next year.

Got back to camp just in time to watch the frost form on the bikes. FUN!

Went to bed in my tent, and it was nice and toasty with my heater in there... Until about 4 am when I had to get up to go pee... Nothing is more fun than crawling out of your sleeping bag, realizing your propane heater is dead, and having to put on cold boots, and a cold jacket, then running around the tent trying not to shake so hard you get whiz on you! It must have been 20*.

So then I get back in my tent... and I can't get warm. I finally figure out that my sleeping bag is wet down by my feet. It had been pushed up against the tent side. Great. I curl into a fetal position and try to sleep another couple hours.

6:45, I'm up and I'm shivering around camp, looking like some kind of methadone spaz. women are hiding their small children.

7:30, I have conned a friend into giving me half his breakfast, letting me sit in his warm truck and I'm staring at my bike.. I know its not going to start easily.

So I get the bike started, and i'm at the start line. Everything went well for the first few miles, not big mistakes or falls. Just a pleasant trail ride in the best dirt conditions I've ever seen at Scipio.

After the first loop my buddy and I decided to gamble going into the 2nd loop. We got really early in the first few miles... found a big black cow in the middle of the trail... and then burnt the check by 2 minutes. I was lucky enough to be able to trials ride into the check and only burnt got burnt by 1 minute.

After that my buddy and I decided to just play ride for the rest of the day. My buddies day was over dropping 7 points there, and neither one of us could go up or down in the standings. We had a blast just piddling around. Even stopped a couple times to check out the scenery and check on people on the side of the trail.

All in all, it was a hoot!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I was there. I saw one Gas Gas 200 and two other 300's besides mine.

Here is how my weekend went:

Friday

Go to Tulsa as soon as I get off work, go out to eat and load up on pasta. Stay at old college roommates house.

Saturday

Get up early, eat a little and go to the Tulsa Run. Meet parents for more pasta and spend the rest of the day drinking water and taking Tylenol and ibuprofen. Right before going to bed I realize I don't have my Camelbak with me.

Sunday

Call Craig at 4am and ask him to stop by my house and get my Camelbak. He has an extra and has my bike which I took to his house on Thursday.

We meet in Tulsa at 5:30am and head to Scipio stopping by McDonald's for breakfast. I am still on my Tylenol and ibuprofen schedule and wondering if I am going to have the energy to ride.

Get to sign up between 7:15 and 7:30 looking for a row with a good time keeper on it. I see Earl Schnell's row has two spaces open so Craig and I jump on it. Row 29.

I tell myself at the start to just try and keep up with Earl and don't pass him no matter what and did just that. 0 points for loop one. Scipio was my first ever enduro last year and I remember I couldn't believe how rocky it was. Well after riding Hardwood this place seemed like pure loam. I was fired up after the first loop and really charged into the second loop. With the mph up to 18 I dropped 3 points into the first check but then found my groove and started passing people left and right. With my legs feeling like wet noodles from the Tulsa Run I was sitting down every chance I got. (My butt hurts!) I ended up burning the next check by one minute. Now I was confused, maybe I passed Earl? So I'm riding along slowly trying to figure out what happened and come up on him pulled over staring at his computer. (He forgot to program the last pause in!) So I then piddled around enough to be 3 minutes late to the last check.

I ended up with 8 points. Good for 1st Vet C and 5th Overall C.

I usually volunteer to drive part of the way home. I was so pooped out the thought never even crossed my mind.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Glad you guys had fun. I'm still down in my back. Hope to see some seat time SOON! I couldn't have gone anyway, I had a meeting Sunday and Monday in McAlester. We'll ride soon. Maybe make that rode trip to Columbia.
Crash, I live 17 miles from Sapulpa.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hey DWreck,
Congrat's on the wood!! :cool: Sounds like you are really getting the hang of it... I can see B class coming your way!!
I worked on a portion of it but I needed to finish my vintage season up(still have one more race) so I missed it.

Sounds like people liked the race.

See Ya' in late December.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Thanks, the new bikes making life easier. You couldn't ask for better riding conditions.

I'd like to move up to B just because it just sounds good but I know the first few races would be murder. (I'm not old enough to ride the short course B)

Strongly considering coming down to LMS on Saturday. Depends on the weather.

Top Bottom