moto_chick

Jun 30, 2017
Wondering what riding boots will be best for me? Somehow in the last month I have crashed and managed to have my handle bar drop directly on top of my left foot. The first time I cracked my pinki toe and the second time I cracked a bone in the top of my foot. I am sort of smallish (125 lbs) being a female rider. I ride a 2017 husky te150. Current boots are Thor from a few years ago. Does anyone have suggestions for a better/ sturdier boot in case this happens again?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You didn't mention which model of Thor boots you're using currently, but if they are some of the lesser expensive ones, they sure wont provide as much protection as a higher end boot will. Unfortunately, you'll need to spend some $$ to protect your feet, ankles and lower legs, there's no getting around it.

Once you do get into a better boot, it's take a little time to get used to them, all that protection makes a boot feet a lot stiffer. Don't give up though, soon enough you'll forget you're wearing them.

Which brand? If there's a shop close by, by all means go down there and try on as many as you can. Different brands fit different feet better than others. As long as you stay away from the bargain version that most companies offer, you'll be doing okay. You don't need to buy the top of the line, most offer a less expensive model that offers a great deal of protection.

Good luck!

moto_chick

Jun 30, 2017
You didn't mention which model of Thor boots you're using currently, but if they are some of the lesser expensive ones, they sure wont provide as much protection as a higher end boot will. Unfortunately, you'll need to spend some $$ to protect your feet, ankles and lower legs, there's no getting around it.

Once you do get into a better boot, it's take a little time to get used to them, all that protection makes a boot feet a lot stiffer. Don't give up though, soon enough you'll forget you're wearing them.

Which brand? If there's a shop close by, by all means go down there and try on as many as you can. Different brands fit different feet better than others. As long as you stay away from the bargain version that most companies offer, you'll be doing okay. You don't need to buy the top of the line, most offer a less expensive model that offers a great deal of protection.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I am not sure which model but it looks like the blitz. Any idea if that's a better one or not? I may just have to learn not to throw my bike on my feet. ;)

Top Bottom