Corson

Aug 3, 2009
This will be my first bike, im 18 and 5 foot 7, 145lbs. I will use this bike for some trail riding but also ripping around on tracks and such. I have read that this bike doesnt really have any low end power,is this going to be that much of an issue? The bike is a 2007 cr85 stock. Just let me know what questions i should ask the seller and what parts should i buy first for the bike.

Thanks.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The first question I have is for you not the seller, as a 5'7" adult is there a reason you are looking at a mini bike built for a 4'11" 90lb kid?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
As Chili pointed out you have a big situation to resolve before any parts are bought. After that if you still insist on getting it you should look at getting the suspension dialed in for a heavier rider. Then maybe a flywheel weight to keep the engine spinning and smooth out the power delivery a bit. Other than that just learn to ride it, it is a well designed little mini MX'er for a smaller person so you will have to adapt.

Corson

Aug 3, 2009
Well im just looking for a bike to have fun on for the summer, I dont plan on riding 85s forever, I plan on selling the bike after this season and moving up to a 125 or 250 next year. I just thought this would be a good bike to have fun on and learn about bikes more by working on it and putting some parts on it.

Corson

Aug 3, 2009
Alright, I think ill go with a 125. I guess ill have to get a bike and ride it before I ask any questions about parts and such.

Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No need to just replace parts for the sake of replacing parts.

scottiedawg66

Sep 26, 2006
+1 a 125 is not the easiest bike to trail ride, but they teach you SO much. After a year on a 125 you will be able to ride anything.

i'm also 5'7" and I got back on a dirt bike for the 1st time in 10 years with my 2001 yz125. and i still love to ride it.

Top Bottom