Bio_HaZerd

May 7, 2008
Hey guys, all my friends dirt bike and I am the only one that doesn't in my town... I was thinking about buying my friends dads bike. I am 6' 1'' and i weigh like 220 pounds and i am 16. The bike he was gonna sell me was a KTM 300 2 stroke. the body is a late 90's i think a 96 or a 98 but the engine had been totally rebuilt. Since he bought it he has barely even rode it. He rode it once for 20 minutes and said it was to much for him. My friends think with my weight i would do good with it even though this will be my first time riding a dirt bike. The deal seams like a steal as well, only 1700$ Does this sound like a decent choice for me?

ttoks

May 1, 2008
the KTM 300's are great bikes, ask ya friends dad if you can take it for a test ride and see what you think, if you can handle it fine, then take it.

really all it takes to be able to handle a bike is your brain, think before you twist the throttle and you'll be fine.

Apr 30, 2007
I'd suggest against getting this bike until you learn the basics. If you had a little experience, this bike would probably be just fine for your weight and size.

People have learned how to ride on these sorts of bikes before, but I don't recommend it. If you aren't ready for the power, are unused to shifting, and accidently drop the clutch, bad things usually tend to happen.

If it has too much power for a rider that has experience, it's not going to be the best choice for someone just learning to ride.

Hold off on your purchase, and ask your friends to let you try their bikes so you can get a little saddle time before you make a commitment. This way you'll have a much better idea of what fits your riding style.

Lastly, make sure you budget for gear! This includes helmet, goggles, good quality boots, and chest protector at the very least!

Top Bottom