YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Who is going?

I am gonna be there. My club the W.M.T.R. Is helping put on the event. Should be nice if we get the rain that they are forcasting tomorrow.

I should be up there Friday night with the Green Ford Ranger/black enclosed trailer. If ya see me stop by and say hi :cool:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'll be there! look for a High top white/blue for van. Stop by and have a cold one. should be pulling in Friday about 7ish.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
That makes two of us going/putting on the event... I'll be under the GLDS EZup @ sign up trying out my new cheapie propane heater.
Leaving in a few minutes.
The rain we're getting right now will be great for the riders.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
What a great turnout. Signed in a little over 450 riders between Sat and Sun. I just got home and in dire need of a shower and sleep. I have picts that I will post latter. Good picts too....lol

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Heard At Color Ride: "You Must Know Ted"

There I am getting my bike sound checked, and one of the guys says" You must Know Ted" . Hmmm well, yes I do - then I realize he saw the lettering on the front of my bike "Eugene"! This must be a DRN member...sure 'nuff - I at least got to introduce myself to YZMan400!

Me and my boys had a great ride! We did the "blue loop" - my youngest started out slow...painfully slow, then I decided maybe some brotherly competition might spur him on, so I put big brother in front of him, with me riding sweep. That was the ticket! they both came alive and had a great ride!

The colors were super, the dust control and traction enhancer we got on Friday helped out a great deal as well. Some of the longer sandy hills were a real challenge for my boy on the TTR125, but they both did just fine. My oldest son (on the quad) got hung up on a hill early on (maybe 3 miles in) - but he learned from it (dont ride the tail of your brother - you cant see what line to take!).

We had other commitments Saturday evening, and on Sunday, so we left after that loop Saturday afternoon. A well done event - thanks to all those that helped put it on!

70Marlin - I was hoping to see you but never did! I kept telling my boys "look for Marlinburg"...but no big 'Burgs were spotted.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I kept telling my boys "look for Marlinburg"...but no big 'Burgs were spotted.

You didn't have to look for them just listen for them. The WINE coming outta those bikes is horrible. One Berg rider told me it was the starter gear needing to be broke in. It sounded nasty.

It was nice to meet ya Mike even if It was just briefly.

I did see Marlin out there. He smacked me outta my daze with a punch to the arm while I was helping with sound check. After a few hundred bikes go by you all start looking alike. ;)

Here is my collection of picts. I didn't get too many but you get the idea. Most of them were around the campfire Sat night and were....Umm...Under the influence shall we say :cool:

===>> Click here

I especially liked this shot. He looked like he had a good day on the trail.

==>> Happy Camper

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
And yes my son did see that barely riden 2002 YZ85 for sale for $1500 and the owner lives in Grand Haven. Digger was all over that and me. Yes he wants it bad. No he aint gonna get it. Yet :think:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Where in Kasky was this?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
From 131 go east 13 miles on 72, then north 4 miles on blue lake trail (dirt road). We camped in a big field there.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Highest sign up # I saw on Sunday was 484, 79 of those were Dual Sports. Definitely a good event. Two serious injuries on the trail, one for each day.
Heard nothing but good compliments on the event and in particular, the DS portion - the weather really helped bring out the happy bug in everyone I'd say.

Spoke with Marlin a bit, his Husabroke needed some assistance in returning to camp on Sunday.
The other guys with those yellow machines make me chuckle - that one bike with the super loud whine has been like that for the past three (or more) events. Same excuse each time "just breaking in". Sounds more like just breaking to me.. ;-)
Of course, my pumpkin has some serious clacks and rattles itself...

I snuck over and GPS'd Frederic on Saturday. No traffic and the trail was in really good shape. The southern portion was especially fun, think you could count the whoops using just your digits.

FLEM

Sep 22, 2004
I didn't make the ride for the weekend but rode the kalkaska loop marked for saturday on thursday pretty good loop except for a few areas with some hellaciously deep whoops and some wicked great hills. rode Frederic wed. it was great i'm sure i was the only one on the loop. rode meadows west/east on sat. except for the mcct singletrack and a few other areas that loop is like riding on a golf cart path.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds to me like a WHOLE bunch of Michigans finest had the time of their lives!! At's da way tis spose to be :cool:
So Marlin, any news on the bike?? Hopefully it not real bad! We gotta get another ride in over here.
GREAT pics YZMAN - THANKS!!!!

Still steamin!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Woodsy. I now have a great big oily jigsaw puzzle on my work bench. One counter shaft drive bearing failed parts on order. Thank god I wasn't on the pipe when it cut lose! Unfortunately I had to remove the crank to get to it. But with the Berg design it wasn't really that bad.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Marlin, bummer on the bearing buddy! I hear ya on being thankful you werent ripping when she went - sure sounds like it could have been a WHOLE lot worst! Can you see any evidence of causation for the failure? Maybe ask around on other boards to see if that output shaft bearing has been problematic on other scoots and, if so, see if maybe there is a Husey "upgrade" involved.. I know you already know this but be sure and clean all the exposed bearings while you in there - little pieces of bearing cage/debris can wreak havoc with other precision surfaces..
You know, everytime I go thru something like that I think of one of Larry's favorite sayings "its always something" - short but straight to the point - thats Larry ;)
Hope your rebuild goes smoooooth!
Woodsy

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
FLEM said:
I hope not, didn't seem to be anything missing anything when i rode sat.

Found an Endurance bike computer on the north trail. If you lost it, I'd send it to you, but now it's finders keepers ;-)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I saw the bike that went to that computer. I think it was a Honda maybe. Have no idea who the fella was though. I just remember seing a billet mount without a computer in it.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey. If you are feeling nice. You could put a add in the CCC's Trailrider magazine. Dont tell when or were you found it in the add though. If someone respond ask when and aproximetaly were did they loose it. Worth a shot.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Woodsy: News is not as bad as it sounds. The only failure inside the motor was, one counter shaft bearing & circlip. Parts are in the mail.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
I saw the bike that went to that computer.

Suppose it's possible, but this was from the Frederic loop and from several days before the event. There was only one bike track on the north part of Frederic and it was several days old.

I'll save it for a give-away for one of the rides; I have spare pickup/mount items from bicycle units that it will fit.

Top Bottom