Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Please read and post to signify you have read and understand the bylaws.
Voice your opinion if there are any items that you don't understand or that you feel need to be corrected.TeamDRN Local Chapters Bylaws

DRN Bylaws
The name of the association shall be "TeamDRN Kentuckiana Chapter," hereafter referred to as "this association" or "this organization".
II. OBJECT
A. The prime object of the association shall be the promotion and encouragement of off road motorcycling and the education of the public to its benefits.
B. In furtherance of objective "A" this association may hold championships, races on the trails or track, lectures, fun rides, other educational activities, demonstrations, clinics and social events; to print and publish books, magazines and newsletter; make awards; and do all such other things as may be conducive to the encouragement of riding off road motorcycles.
C. Other objectives are to engage in community activities, to publicize by appropriate means the benefits of off road motorcycling as a means of physical fitness and recreation.
III. AFFILIATION
This association shall be a chapter of TeamDRN of the AMA, and all measures adopted by that body must be considered by this organization.
IV. MEMBERSHIP
There is no specific membership requirements. Membership should include ever rider in your area that chooses to join. The organization should encourage all members to join DRN. It is not necessary for all members of a club to be AMA members but it is encouraged. Membership dues are NOT required.
V. MANAGEMENT OR GOVERNMENT
A. The management of this association shall be vested in a Board of Directors consisting of a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and up to four separate Board Members that head up various committees established by the President.
B. Duties of officers:
1. President - to preside over meetings, represent this association in the AMA, to call any special meetings, and to appoint committees and chairpersons thereof.
2. Vice-President - to assume the powers of the president in his/her absence, and to take on special assignments as requested by the president.
3. Secretary - to record minutes at meetings, to keep a file of such minutes, and, when requested by the president, to accept assignments involving correspondence and the keeping of records.
4. Treasurer - administer all financial dues and to have authority to sign or disburse necessary appropriations, as directed.
5. Insurance officer – locate and negotiate insurance for racing events and to work with the AMA to help to keep insurance affordable.
6. Referee – will settle all disputes involving racers. The referee’s decision is final.
C. Eligibility:
1. Officers may be elected to succeed themselves.
D. Term of office:
1. Term of office shall be one year, beginning at the first quarterly meeting held on March 15. (this date is adjustable)
2. Offices filled upon resignation shall expire at the time of the first meeting of the calendar year.
E. Elections:
1. The first election shall be held at the first quarterly meeting of the new calendar year beginning in 2002 and shall be elected by a majority vote of those present at the meeting.
2. Elections shall be held annually.
F. Procedural requirements:
1. Parliamentary procedure will be carried on at meetings, and every effort will be made to discuss any measures coming before the group.
2. A majority vote of the members present is necessary to pass ordinary measures. All measures shall be deemed ordinary except those proposing a constitutional amendment.
3. A quorum shall consist of twice the number of elected officers plus one. No official meeting shall be held unless a quorum is present.
4. Bylaws amendment:
a. A bylaw amendment may be accomplished by a two-thirds vote of the members present at the meeting.
b. Only those who have been members of this organization for 30 days prior to the proposal of such an amendment may vote upon such.
c. All members must be notified at least 7 days prior to voting that bylaw amendments will be discussed and voted on.
5. Meetings will be held at least once each quarter and more frequently if called by the president. Meetings can be held via the internet with rules decided by the club at inception.
VI. FINANCES
A. Dues, if any, shall be as determined by a majority of the members present at a business meeting and shall not be changed more often than once per year.
*B. This is a non-profit organization. Dues, entry fees, and other monies received by the organization will be spent entirely for carrying out the stated purpose to the organization.
C. No part of the net earnings of the club shall inure to the benefit of its individuals.
D. This organization shall be empowered to participate in fund-raising activities.
*VII. DISSOLUTION
In the event of dissolution of this association, the funds in the treasury, after all creditors have been paid, shall go to TeamDRN of the AMA or other verified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization friendly to running as voted on by a majority of the members present at the final meeting.
* These two statements are requirements for membership in TeamDRN of the AMA (I.R.S. rules).

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Slow in getting here, but definatley count me in!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Jay,
Would you mind having a sub group of only those that have ridden there be called "Turkey Bay Assault Club?" If you read my post earlier today in the TB thread I think I touched something off. I am going tomorrow to check on getting some patches(Like Navy and AF squadron patches) and stickers going. Is this going to be a problem with the chapter? or can we add it as a subforum of the KYiana chapter?

Thanks,
Phillip

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Never too late, limitless!

I know I won't be going on any jaunts soon. I plan on riding arenacross a couple of times in Jan.
I have been checking with the new local track folk about renting their track for a couple days this summer. I plan on fixing up a lil DRN get-together. The place has real restrooms, showers and all. They plan on adding RV hookups this year as well.
As far as woods rides, I think CAL and his bunch ride western Ky as long as the weather isn't too bad. I'm certain we will have some nice rides this spring in IN. I'd like to do Lawrence Co. again when it's nice weather. I'd also like to take in Exit 49 on I-75 in KY.

I bet motormichael and Lee are riding somewhere soon.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's good to see activity in this thread.  Keep up the good work Jaybird. :cool:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Jaybird
I'd also like to take in Exit 49 on I-75 in KY.

Jay.

The rumor mill has been flying high about Livingston(Exit 49) around here latley. When Moose and I hit it back in August there was alot of logging going on and talk was that the land had been bought and the area closed. However, at my last trip by there it was still open, and no closings in sight. Let me know when your interested in riding there and I can do the 30 mile jaunt down there and check it out for you. I'd hate for you to drive all the way down only to see it closed.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
game on...

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Hey, I haven't logged on here in about forever, but I might be up for riding with a couple of weeks notice. I haven't kick started the CR in a looong time.

Is there anybody interested?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom