TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
Any of you Colordado folks ride Trials?

Given that all have been able to do for a while is lay around in bed, waiting for my leg to heal, I have spent a lot of time on the net, reading all I could find about Trials, and I am convinced it is The Bomb!!

I am ready to buy a bike, even though I haven't even seen a trial yet (though I ordered some videos and a book to try to get some more information).

Any of you guys ready to help me spend some more money and upset my Wife?

Scott

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
TaxPhd said:
Any of you Colordado folks ride Trials?

Given that all have been able to do for a while is lay around in bed, waiting for my leg to heal, I have spent a lot of time on the net, reading all I could find about Trials, and I am convinced it is The Bomb!!

I am ready to buy a bike, even though I haven't even seen a trial yet (though I ordered some videos and a book to try to get some more information).

Any of you guys ready to help me spend some more money and upset my Wife?

Scott

Scott:

Glad to hear the rebelious spirit is in high gear. You should send a PM to Jen (CJ Rider). She's got a trials bike. I thought the same thing last year and had made plans to catch an event or two on the Colorado circuit. Still would like to do that someday. Definately looks like fun at low speed.

I'd like to have a fleet of bikes, from cruiser (Confederate Wraith) to adventure (KTM 650) to trials(take a pick). One day maybe.

Good luck.

Troy

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
The local motorcycle shop that i buy all my stuff from is pretty big on trials its called Eurosport international, its in broomfield right off hwy 36 and wadsworth, here is there website www.eurosportintl.com they have a couple used trials bikes. hope that helps

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
Thanks, smahala. Next time I am up that way, I will check it out.

Troy, the Colorado group is supposed to have a trial on 12/26 (IIRC). At PMI, but I don't know just where.

If I am walking by then, I am going to go and check it out.

Scott

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey Scott-
You are too funny and your timing is perfect... We did pick up a couple of used trials bikes to improve our technical skill just as HMS mentioned above. Took 'em out to Moab last week and had a TOTAL BLAST trying to figure out how to loft the front tire properly to get over those slickrock ledges. GET WELL so that we can figure out how to do this crazy stuff like "splatters" and "floater turns" LOL!
-CJ

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
CJ,

Glad you had a good time at Moab. It was actually riding at Moab that first got me thinking about a trials bike, and how if my skills were better, I'd be able to get through a lot more areas with a lot less hassle.

I CAN'T WAIT to get well. It is coming along slowly, and I am in physical therapy now. Those therapists must all have a bit of masochism in them - they seem to take pleasure in watching me grimace.

How do like your GasGas? Would the 200 have enough power for someone my size?

Scott

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hmmm. I think you'd prolly prefer more power since you're a big guy compared to me, but yer more than welcome to hop on the 200 to see if you like it whenever yer ready. Will says it's too small for him, but then there he is hopping up ledges on it all the time, so who knows!

I hope those evil therapists do their job well, because spring is just around the corner, eh? Just yell whenever ya ditch the therapists and yer ready to ride! :)

judson

Nov 5, 2004
Scott,

Hope you get better soon. I'm 5'8" and 225 lbs, short, not small. I have an '01 GasGas 321. I know it's big in displacement but smooth power. Unless you are light in weight or plan to ride at sea level, I'd opt for a 280 ish. The 250's are all really snappy, not real good for learning technique. I'll let you ride my 321 when you're healed up. I kind of suck at trials but no one has a better time than I do. I have riden with both the Wyoming and Colorado clubs. Each has wonderful people and are willing to help out in just about any way. I live in the Great White North, Wellington but work in Denver. I'd pick up a copy of Ryan Youngs DVD for learning. Tommy Ahvala's DVD isn't bad but the video quality is kind of poor. PM or email me.

-Judson

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom