AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Pros:
-Cooperland is having organized practice this weekend from noon to 5.
-The cost is only $10
-Flaggers and medic
-Cooperland rocks.
-Forecast calls for a low of 53 and a high of 80
-Cooperland rocks.
-Track was prepped nicely last weekend and should be decent still.
-If it's run in the same manner as last weekend, you'll get more track time than you can shake a stick at.

Cons:
-Unless we get some significant rain, the track will not be prepped again.
-It's easier to get struck by lightning than drag everyone away from the 500.

I'll be there.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Assist, can you keep us up to date on the rain situation. Sounds like the track would be pretty poor from your post in the other thread if they don't get some. It may affect my decision to drive 17+ hours for that week if the track is going to be a dustbowl.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
I can do that for ya Chili. I'll be out there every weekend until the week ya'll come, and if you like, I'll go ride some laps before the day ya'll come if we still haven't had any significant rain to let you know how the track conditions are.

I dunno how it'll work out 2 weeks from now. I rode out there 2 days after the Loretta's race and the track was in decent shape after. (750 entries for that race and they had only done some work in a couple of the corners). It was a little hardpack, and some of the landings needed some water, but I still had fun. It was still very rideable. Last weekend when they had practice they did a good job prepping it. Still a little dry, but it was much improved.

As far as the rain goes, we've gotten a little bit last night and today here on campus, but as far as out on the track I have no idea, as it's a good 15 miles away from here. I'll update on the conditions in the other thread this weekend after I ride.

bearcat13

Mar 8, 2006
Just got back on a bike, my 450 KTM got stolen from me a little while back and so I am really needing to get my fix. Been out to coop a couple of times before with my buddy Kraig and he seems to know some of the dudes out there, had a blast both times.

I'd really like to come out this afternoon too, if anyone happens to know who I would need to contact there then please let know. I am willing to help work the track if it needs it even.

Other than that, see you all out there on Sat.
PEACE
Rick
405-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Hey bearcat. It's about time we got another motocross guy!

I'll be out there right at about noon tomorrow. As far as I know on from what's been put up on the cooperland website, the will not be working the track because it's so dry. There isn't a whole lot to do with the serious lack of moisture we have here.

I ride a KX 125.....number 503, driving a red Dodge Ram. Be sure to come say howdy.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
williamson425 said:
Doesnt matter, i blew 2 front tubes in two days.. i cant ride anywhere tomorow !

i'm about ten miles north of jameway and we got a ton of rain.

i always carry a patch kit. i fixed a flat on my mountain bike this morning. i don't have any spare tubes for it. this one has five patches on it now. :ohmy:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We've gotten very little rain. Not sure where I'll ride tomorrow.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom