slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
My wife cant decide between a cr80e or a kx100. They have almost the exact same dimensions. But the kx weighs about 10lbs more. Has anyone ridden both of these bikes and can tell me the pros and cons of either. She is coming off of a xr200 because the suspension cant handle the stuff she rides on and it doesnt have enough hitting power to blip off of jumps. She rides track, mountainous trails, and dunes. Please help if you can!!!!!!!!:scream:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
With what she's riding, I'd advise her to go for the KX. It may be slightly heavier, but it has a powervalve, so is a bit more trail-friendly. I think you can also get lighting coils for it (don't quote me).
After the XR, she's in for a bit of a shock power-wise (I rode a YZ80 initially - not the ideal bike for me).
Otherwise, check out the GG Pampera, but I'm not sure how ideal that would be on the track (look for many posts by Bundubasher raving about that bike lol).
Good luck & hope that helps a bit.
Michelle

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Thanks

Thanks for the input. Yesterday a Kawi dealer was cool enough to let her ride a new one behind the store up and down the alley and that helped a lot. She is gonna go with the kx. She says its narrower and feels ergonomically better. And the power is a little more user friendly. She started on a 87 kx80 and then a xr100 and then a xr200. She rides my cr250 and likes it but she cant stand not to touch the ground and be able to start it by herself. Ive seen BB raving over the gasgas a bunch. Does he work for them or something? Where i live you can ride for years and never see a gas gas or even a dealer. They just havent been to popular over here. Thanks again for the info.

KTMdude911

Dec 20, 2001
She will love the KX.2 of my friends rode them in the woods and never heard of them fouling plugs and not being able to go where anybody else could go.She will not mind the extra weight at all.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by slickpuss
Ive seen BB raving over the gasgas a bunch. Does he work for them or something? Where i live you can ride for years and never see a gas gas or even a dealer. They just havent been to popular over here. Thanks again for the info.
Lol, Bundu just happens to have discovered this bike & absolutely loves it - thinks it's the duck's guts & wants everyone to get one.
GG's have just started coming into NZ & to be honest, I haven't seen many (okay, 2 not including the demo one).

Good luck to your wife, she should be happy - I understand the not wanting to ride a bike you can't lift or start - you have to be too dependent & riding's an independent sort of thing. (I will however utilise anyone that offers to help, just to conserve my energy lol).

If your wife does decide to go with a 250 eventually, look at a KX or GG, as both of them you can get longer dogbones so lower the height a bit without having to send it in for suspension work. I'm not sure if any other bikes do have that ability, but I know if I ever decide to move from the KDX that will be a factor in my decision.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
LOL! BunduBasher IS quite the Pampera salesman, isn't he? Well, he's right to be excited about that bike. I have one too and it's AWESOME for tight technical trails. However, I would have the KX100 instead if I rode mostly mx track and dunes as Michelle and others suggest due to the stiffer suspension. After riding a GG Enduo 250 (EC or EX?) the other day, I would totally suggest that bike as the next step up after the KX100. It's dimensions felt less bulky as compared to the KX250 or KTM200. Just two cents.

Top Bottom