Feb 24, 2000
Would the cr80 expert be too small for me? I'm 20yrs old 5'11 145lbs. 34.5" seat height doesnt seem too low. I'm looking for something new for 3K or cheaper just for some weekend fun. Thanks for any input.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
i'm not really sure, i had a friend that was about your size and he raced a CR80E just fine. i don't really know if you'll like it, just giving the facts

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Susan (aka, "the Ant") is 5'2", 155 lbs and her BBR120 - which uses the CR80R-Expert frame and suspension - was just about the right size.

This is also the equivalent size for ther BBR200 - which still uses the same CR80R-Expert suspension and has the same general dimensions.

You're ~ 9" taller and a few more pounds ...... my personal opinion: I think you'd be a bit cramped. If not on length of bike - then possibly on the seat-to-peg-distance. You might find your knees being too compressed.

My advice: go down to your local Honda/Yamaha dealer and go from model to model to model. Try 'em all for size. Try to take along a sturdy person or a work stand so you can also try it standing up, sitting down, standing back up, lean back-n-forth, make :...bbb-r-r-a--a-a-pp-p-ppp" sounds. you know. try to mimic how it might feel in the real world.

That will tell you a lot. Even better is trying several different sizes of bikes. Even just zipping up and down a street once or twice will tell you an awful lot. And most friends are cool with letting you ride their scoots like that.

Best of luck! - E-Ticket

Top Bottom