humphreys1588

Mar 14, 2010
So I am having a couple problems with my 04 crf...first off, it keeps backfiring on me. I tried changing cleaning and re gaping plugs but no difference at all. Now my second problem; the thing keeps dying on me if i give it hard gas at complete idle. Seems like its not getting enough gas because it is so hesitant when giving a good amount of gas, sometimes it will just cut out. Noticed that when it has warmed up a bit, it doesn't do it nearly as bad with half choke thus the reason why i think its not getting enough gas. Is this a common problem with 4 strokes because this has been like this for a while just not as severe. Was going to clean carb and see what happens but figured I would post on here first. Could be so many things! :fft: Any suggestions would be very grateful and thanks in advance!
Bryce

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
When was the last time you gave the carb a good cleaning?

Take the float bowl off and clean the jets out. Making sure to use a blast of air from a compressor.

Once you have the carb cleaned, you can start adjusting on it.

Tdoorn199

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 7, 2010
Try to take apart as much of the carb as you can and make sure nothing is cracked or crappy.make sure once you have cleaned the carb that you ajust the fuel screw to stock.

Top Bottom