Husker98

Aug 13, 2008
My little brother has a 2003 CRF150F bike and he drove it into a very large puddle that engulfed the bike. Pretty sure water got into the cylinder and killed the bike. Later after cleaning it up the bike had very low compression and had a lot of blow by in the crankcase. Oil had bearing material in it. Broken ring maybe or what to you think?

I have plenty of automotive experience but very little with bikes. I have the motor out of the frame and ready for teardown. I actually started but after marking cam timing and what not and not being able to get the valve cover off I stopped.

Is there any speacial tools that I need? Anything speacial that I need to look out for? Can anyone point me in the right direction on tearing the motor apart. Thanks.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I saw a guy do the same thing on a XR200. It had no compression and after tearing the engine down it had a warped valve. You should plan on at lease new rings and replace any valves that it may need. Pick you up a repair manual also, it will be well worth the money.

Top Bottom