yfzcrfr450

Apr 17, 2007
i have a 2007 CRF150R not to be mistakin for the crf150 and i am going to race a 1999 KX80 in a drag race down the road and i was wandering who would win

Last edited:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Probably depends on the rider. Click through the gears fast and make sure you don't rev out very much.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
1/4 MILE ? Thats going to be a long haul for stock gearing on either bike. I'd say about 600 foot will tell you what you want to know. And the bikes will thank you for it.

THORmx_nucca

Apr 15, 2007
CRF150R wins...
It's a newer model which means less worn-out parts, better engineering, and newer technology.
And the thumpers always win on a straight away.. Always.
(Well, if you actually know how to ride a dirt bike that is..)

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
THORmx_nucca said:
CRF150R wins...
It's a newer model which means less worn-out parts, better engineering, and newer technology.
And the thumpers always win on a straight away.. Always.
(Well, if you actually know how to ride a dirt bike that is..)

if youre referring to something like a 125 vs. 250F, then youre wrong. 250F's have the low-end, but 125's have it on top depending on how its geared and what sprokets youre using.

BOT: its 90% rider, 10% bike( or in some cases 95% rider, 5% bike). it depends on who is riding the bike, the bike doesnt ride the rider.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
yfzcrfr450 said:
well were still trying to find a road that would be good enough we plan on it to be a 1/4 mile:moon:

good luck finding that in NC. we have a field by my house that i can get in the top RPM's of 4th gear on my 125( 6 spd.), but thats about it. if you live close to TNT, ask Rick( mechanic there Wed.-Fri.) if you can race on the big road coming to the tracks.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
XRpredator said:
this sure feels like the shallow end of the gene pool

this thread originated that way and he'll continue to get responses like, "make sure the powerband is replaced" or "youll kill him, youre on a thumper!" of course, you totally agree with that last statement, its in your blood ;) . this

Top Bottom