kiwiintexas

Mar 16, 2008
I am doing my first enduro there in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had any pictures etc of the place. i know its a private mebers only deal so there is not alot of stuff on the web about it.
Thanks
Kiwi

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I don't have any pictures but raced an enduro there the year before last.

It consists of sandy single track with roots and clay. It rained the day before the race making the sandy sections awesome although this okie isn't used to the roots. The clay sections were typical of clay soil after a rain....slick!

I would recommend a soft or soft to intermediate terrain tires. I had a great time. Fun trails.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Cycleland is one of my 2 favorite Texas races. DWreck said it all, sandy, rutty and when it rains it becomes more enjoyable!! I say that seriously... it's alot of fun!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
kiwi, let us know how it goes.

Hey Roger, getting to ride any?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
DWreck -
No riding for me since the 500... it feels odd not riding! I really want to ride an Arkansas enduro this year... we'll see! I noticed you are kicking butt on the long course...Congrat's!!! :cool:

Good Luck @ Cycleland, a great group of guys who put it on!

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Enduro_Nut said:
DWreck -
No riding for me since the 500... it feels odd not riding! I really want to ride an Arkansas enduro this year... we'll see! I noticed you are kicking butt on the long course...Congrat's!!! :cool:

Good Luck @ Cycleland, a great group of guys who put it on!
If you want to ride an Arkansas enduro check with Ryan I think he is going I know Billy and Tate is going . I'm still not able . I got 2 fractures in my foot from the last enduro . I'm out for at least 3 more weeks . You should get a hold of Ryan and take my place for CycleLand

kiwiintexas

Mar 16, 2008
If you are talking about the train robbers enduro, I will be there too if I can survive the move from a 250 (2 stroke) to a 400 (4 stroke)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
kiwiintexas said:
If you are talking about the train robbers enduro, I will be there too if I can survive the move from a 250 (2 stroke) to a 400 (4 stroke)

Yes, train robbers is a fun enduro if you don't mind a few rocks, hills, etc... everyrhing that makes a great enduro!

kiwiintexas

Mar 16, 2008
Ahhhh, the 400 didnt want to start on the line and took me 15 mins to get it kicked over. Had some issues with it but it was fun as hell ... well till I flatted about the ten mile mark... made it to the 13 ish mark and had to call it. Thanks to the Cycla land clean up boys for helping me out. The 400 is a whole new beast, enduro could well be my new mistress, I know why everyone has electric starts. First 18 miles were sandy, whooped out and tight.... Had a big grin on my face. I plan to be prepared more for the next one.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Figure out the starting issue and find some tubes that hold air (I recommend ultra heavy duty Bridgestone) and give it another shot. I'm definately hooked on enduro's.

kiwiintexas

Mar 16, 2008
Dwreck I am definately getting the starting stuff figured one way or another, then just more time in the saddle. Enduros are for me though i loved every sandy minute of it.

Top Bottom