tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
AMA District 14 Enduro

From Brent Floyd, Muddobbers:

Just thought I would give an update on the 60th running of the Muddobbers Enduro.

With help from a few friends, we got the mileage completed on Saturday ahead of most of the rain. Today or Sunday several did the mileage on the Family Enduro.

The two Enduros share very little trail in common, less than a mile, so look for lots of good single track. The family Enduro is using some woods we have not used before just North of town and it is good. Along with some stuff used in the National last year it makes around a 13.5 mile loop. With a good week of weather coming, things should dry up nicely, at least I hope the weather is good.

The Sunday race for the 60th running of the Matthews Enduro will not disappoint. We picked up some more new woods this year allowing us to connect sections with very little road. There are only about 7 miles of road in the whole race and 3 of that is at the end coming back to the Bridge. I think mentally riders should think of this years race as an old fashioned Enduro with long sections, and not a sprint. It's only 66 miles long, but most will be happy with the amount of trail ridden.

There will be five sections, 3 before gas, which is back at the start, and 2 after gas. Section lengths are 13, 10, 11, 15 and 10 Miles. And for your riding pleasure, 7 river crossings. Don't worry though, if it is too high to cross they will be gone, but we are counting on keeping them this year. They were all pretty easy on Saturday as long as you follow our arrows and cross at the ripples.

It will be Restart format with electronic scoring. We recommend lights, but will not turn away bikes without them. The only thing we ask is a somewhat quiet muffler; loud is not good, and will more than likely result in having a guy working a check instead of riding. Don't be that guy or girl. But we could use some help on checks or road crossings. Just saying.

We will have sign up before both races if someone did not pre-enter; all are welcome at least to a point.

Camping at the Start is fine and encouraged, lots of good space, some with electric. Pretty sure there will be food Saturday night too.

Just encourage everyone to have a good time and enjoy miles of trail that are all on private land, with Fall foliage at peak.

Top Bottom