B

biglou

I'm trying to put together another Nocona weekend ride for Jan 2-4, 2009. Gene (tx246) gave us the green light, so any OK/TX types interested? If we get weathered out, we can always get some good Mexican food. Drive down on Friday, ride Saturday, drive home that night or Sunday.

What say ye?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I'm interested since I lost out during the 07 Dallas SX trip.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I don't have a schedule set up for that time frame as of yet but I'm interested.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Let's not forget that Anaheim I is Saturday night. I've not seen anything yet, but assume (I know, I know ;)) it will be live again like the last few years.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
could be in!

B

biglou

looking doubtful now due to overwhelming lack of interest from anyone up here. i'll post if anything changes, but otherwise, i am out.

B

biglou

Me too, but most of my original group of riding friends have all but stopped, and that's a long haul to do alone. You want me to pick you up, Jay? Pryor is only 3-3.5 hrs from me.

B

biglou

Sawblade said:
Let's not forget that Anaheim I is Saturday night. I've not seen anything yet, but assume (I know, I know ;)) it will be live again like the last few years.
9PM Texas time on Speed. :) I have Speed in HD now, too. :)

So, maybe I pick up Jay on Friday, we ride saturday at Nocona, then watch the SX live at Gene's house Saturday night, head home Sunday? Sounds like a plan to me...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
maybe. i know i have an appointment with the ortho doc on friday but i think it's in the morning. also, i may have my daughter for christmas vacation. if you're serious, i'll see if i can work it all out.

B

biglou

Sure. Just let me know. Just that if it comes down to it, I doubt I will drive all the way to Dallas alone.

B

biglou

Ok, we are back on. I'll pick Jay and his crew up on Friday Jan 2nd and head south to Gene's. Hopefully Nocona is open for practice on Saturday. Then lunch at Deiter Bros., then watch some SX Saturday night, then head back north Sunday in the AM.

And if we're really lucky, Maggie (Mrs. Gene) will make chorizo and eggs for us! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If the owner at Naconna could be contacted, maybe he could help us maintain our tradition. With the price of fuel down we should be able to make it worth his wild.
BTW, my schedule is not set just yet but I should have no problem fitting in that weekend.

B

biglou

Update: I'd still be interested in going down even if just to hang out and have some food and a few beers even if we don't ride. I'd probably rent a car if that happens rather than drive the truck.

Also, if the weather gets sketchy like last year (6" of snow overnight with eastern OK getting hammered), I will cancel.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
River Valley is a fun track. Dirt much like Nocona but it is further south. It is near Rhome.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom