mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
has anyone tried to contact nocona or river valley? just wondering if this is going to happen.

B

biglou

Jay-I'm up for a trip regardless as long as you still want to go. Nocona might be open, and there is that other place. Any safe track is good for me. If you want to just to hang out that's cool too. I just don't want to make the drive alone. I figure we head down Friday, ride saturday, watch some SX saturday night then head home sunday morning. Thoughts?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Can one of the smack pack contact Nacona? I'd like to go ride/visit either way. Don't want to give up the tradition especially since fuel prices are so low.:)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I wish I could do this but first year on a new job means no vacation.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
works for me.

biglou said:
Jay-I'm up for a trip regardless as long as you still want to go. Nocona might be open, and there is that other place. Any safe track is good for me. If you want to just to hang out that's cool too. I just don't want to make the drive alone. I figure we head down Friday, ride saturday, watch some SX saturday night then head home sunday morning. Thoughts?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
River Valley is open this weekend but they don't have their calendar updated for 2009. I tried calling but got the recorded message that only addressed this weekend. I'll try again on Saturday when they are out at the track.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
I think River Valley is a great option. It is a big track and it looks like fun.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
River Valley is open on the 3rd. Current forecast is a low of 31 in the early morning and high of 52. 31 on a dirtbike is balmy warm compared to 80mph on a street bike at 27 degrees. It's a go for me! :)

I need to get my dirt on! :aj:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Those Bandits are nice. I sold my ZRX this summer. I replaced it with a VStrom. I kinda miss the horsepower but the neck/back feel much better at the end of the day.

So far those coming to the house include?????

B

biglou

It's not looking too good for me at the moment. I am sick like a lab rat. I haven't even had a cold in two years and this is kicking my arse... :(

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
biglou said:
It's not looking too good for me at the moment. I am sick like a lab rat. I haven't even had a cold in two years and this is kicking my arse... :(

wuss, i'm counting on you.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Perhaps the weather forecast will make him get better a little more quickly.

Saturday is supposed to have a low of 41 and high of 69. That is PERFECT riding weather!!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Now they have bumped it to 71. Where will the primo temps end up? I say 74! :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
If you can make the trip all the way to Freestone, they are racing the national track this weekend.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What are the riding plans/options that are being considered?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Hell if I know! This thread is much like having a conversation with an ADD child... It's all over the place!

Best guess at this point is that if Lou makes it, it will most likely be RV. If he doesn't.... it's all in the air. My youngest just got a bike with a clutch for Christmas so if RV plans fail... I'll still go to RV or possibly Marshal Creek. It's got a tame track and some trails so it would be good for him working out the mechanics of a clutch. Probably wouldn't be a bad choice for me since I haven't really ridden since July. :ohmy:

B

biglou

I'm not going to make it guys. Sorry. I feel like crap. Literally and figuratively. I just came off a road trip to South Dakota and back with this cold or flu and it was brutal. Chicken soup and football for me this weekend.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Isn't Marshal Creek the place all our spodes got hurt at a few years back?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
No idea... wasn't there. If they got in head on collisions with kwads it could be. LOL

Supposedly... they have directional signs for the trails now.

I talked myself into RV. I'll be there Saturday when it opens. I didn't get to ride for 5 months last year and jumped right back in without any problem. Should be better now given that I get plenty of seat time on a street bike... just will wonder where the power is after jumping from a 1200 down to a 250F. :whoa:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a little more info on nocona. i was talking to a guy from nocona on a streetbike forum and he said this:

In case you did not know,Leroy Lundy,the owner of the track passed away a few weeks ago. I haven't been over there since. I did talk to his son,Jeff,around town afterwards but it was pretty much expressing condolances. Leroy was good people and will be missed by his family and alot of riders. Nocona MX does have the best sandy loam in Texas. I helped Jeff build the start gate and launch pad back in the day. It all started out as a practice track for our two boys.....

Top Bottom