dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
How many of you Yanks would like to get together on a mountain top in New England and hurl yourself over the edge ? No wheels , just boards .

If you would like to ski/board with fellow DRNers ,voice it here . Please ad info such as dates that are good for you , where you like to ski/board , and if any of you could babysit Woodsrider so his wife and son can come along .

The early ski season has been the best I have seen in a number of years . Lets get out and rip it up !!!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by dirtybkr
... and if any of you could babysit Woodsrider so his wife and son can come along .
I'm easy to sit as long as someone else pays the bar tab. The toughest part is carrying me to the cab.

dirty - I'll check with the wife tonight. I believe she had some areas with daycare and dates picked out already. Will Mrs. DB be joining you?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Hmmm let me get back to you. It's been 10 years or so since I've strapped boards to my feet.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I already have plans to be at Killington in Vermont from February 1st-5th.&nbsp; Rooms at Butternut Inn on the Mountain.

I figure since I'm gonna be laid off at that time, I might as well have a little fun before getting back in the grind.

We ARE open to suggestions for other dates and locations! :)

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Lori , I am holding a seasons pass for Kmart , so no matter how this summit thing works I will ski a day or two that week . I also know my way around some of the more interesting terrain .

PK , nows the time to get back into the sport . What else you gonna do till spring ?

Woods , Pam is a non winter person . She won't go outside the house til April .

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
If you guys decide on Killington I could join you for a cocktail in the evening, other then that the only skiing I’ll do is cross county.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dan - Bite the bullet and strap on a set of sticks. I used to teach skiing. As good as you ride you'll have no trouble learning to ski.

Like my favorite line from Risky Business:

"Sometimes you just gotta say, what the f__k!"

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Dan - Bite the bullet and strap on a set of sticks. I used to teach skiing. As good as you ride you'll have no trouble learning to ski.

Dan Doesn’t ski down hill. Mountains were made to ride dirt bikes up, not to strap on peices of fiberglass and slide down.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
not to strap on peices of fiberglass and slide down.

Hows about stainless steel ?

Does Killington sound good to everyone ? Maybe we can all just meet up with Lori and Dave . I would suggest that it be one of the weekdays ,as Kmart can be pretty packed on the weekend . Killington does offer daycare and the mountain has a wide veriety of terrain .

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by knobbiethrower
I've learned from some past ride/race reports that Woodsrider is better at going down hills :scream: that up them ! ie Triple B! :flame:
And I've got the film to prove it :eek:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by knobbiethrower
I've learned from some past ride/race reports that Woodsrider is better at going down hills :scream: that up them ! ie Triple B! :flame:
I remember a certain hill at Paragon you were having trouble on! :p

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
I was expecting that reply. :o If I was ever thinking about taking your offer to have you help me learn to ski, all I have to do is remember that trail #10 hill that you so happily wanted me to try.......

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
So, you guys gonna put your money where your skis are, or just smack talk your way thru the winter??&nbsp; :p

We're driving out to Killington on Saturday, Feb 1,&nbsp;skiing on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (Feb 2,3,4), and leaving Wednesday.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was kinda leaning towards the "Smacktalk your way thru the Winter" option ;)
I'll ask the Mrs. if she is interested.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Geeze, Guess I'm a day late on this one, we just got back from Killington, we (me and ripnrol) where there 29th through the 1st of Feb, conditions where fantastic! We stayed at the Cedarbrook (condos) Great place, we had a&nbsp;awesome time. Ready to go again, (if the wife lats me and the funds hold up).

Drty,..let me know, we also do Jiminy on Tuesday and Friday nights. In fact, I do believe we are going to Jiminy this Friday.

jib

Jan 23, 2000
Damn Greg , I was there on Fri . Spent the day in the woods . Snow was in great shape . I should be going up again this coming Monday , the 10th . I will give you a call .

I've got to teach jib to log off .

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Steve, pretty sure I wont be able to go Monday the 10th, but lets keep in touch and plan a 2-3 day trip, maybe the last week in Feb, I know its harder to get people to get the same days off during the week, but thats definatly the time to go, (midweek), better prices on lodging and skiing, plus the added bonus of not having to fight the crouds.&nbsp;Let me know your availability. Any other Yanks the want to join in, lets try and 'nail down' some dates.&nbsp;I can manage any date between the last week in Feb&nbsp;through the first week in March.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I'm in ! The last week of Feb works fine , say the 24th-26th . Maybe we could hit K-mart for 2 days with a side trip up to Mad River Glen .

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Not sure if this matters or not, but how bout the 26th-28th, that would make it Wens, Thur, Fri.....????? Just seems to work better on the end!

Top Bottom