CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Good morning guys Looks like I'll be bringing part of the RAC crew out for Saturday only. I would say 4-5 guys all good riders. What time and where do you think you'll be meeting?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We're only planning on Sunday. Keith will be arriving late Saturday to set up camp so you might run into him.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
What's wrong old man don't have two days in you? I thought you lived really close by. Come on out for Saturday. I'll look for Keith at the end of the day but I doubt it will be a late one for us. I'm planning on being there around 9am ready to ride and figure the day will end for us by no later than 3 on the trailer and out of there by 4

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yeah, I'm hoping to get there by 5 or 6 on Saturday. I'd try for earlier, but I've got bees being delivered Sat morning.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
CRFGuy said:
What's wrong old man don't have two days in you? ...
Yeah I'm an hour away but I've got some work around the house that has to get done. It's too bad that you don't have 2 days worth in ya so you can ride Sunday too :nener:

Have fun!:)

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey Keith
It would be nice to see you guys but don't kill yourself to get there, I doubt we will still be there after 4-5 by then we will have had at least 5-6 hours of riding and be on our way home. One of these days you need to make it out to RAC and let me show you around. Some of the best single track I have ever ridden and certainly rough and tough terrain. Makes the old Paragon stuff look like a walk in the park. BY the way the cost of the permit for the entire year is only 125.00 and you can now by them online so you don't have to get there during the week to buy it anymore.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Kind of confused about wether you need AMA this wekend or not. On the Events page it clearly states 'Requirements: AMA membership not required" for this weekend but elsewhere it also states on the Faq page
FAQ

-AMA membership is required for all Bear Creek Sportsmen events

Sent them an email and waiting to hear back

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
CRFGuy said:
Kind of confused about wether you need AMA this wekend or not. On the Events page it clearly states 'Requirements: AMA membership not required" for this weekend but elsewhere it also states on the Faq page
FAQ

Sent them an email and waiting to hear back

"Requirements: AMA membership not required. Singup available at the event. "

The way I read it is, you dont need to currently be an AMA member, you can sign up for AMA at the event. But it is misleading in the way they wrote it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You have to be an AMA member for insurance purposes. They have the forms there so you can apply for a membership on the spot if you want.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
This was the response I got from Mike the event leader. I'll be there tomorrow with 5 RAC riders. Shooting for 9:30 ready to ride.

From Mike "yes no ama"

-----Original Message-----
To: cottonmike5 <cottonmike5@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 11:31 am
Subject: from your site

Requirements: AMA membership not required

Took this right off your site for this weekend’s event but elsewhere it does state that AMA is required for all events so please tell me which it is?

FAQ

Thanks Again

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man that was a good ride! It was nice to ride with Keith again. The trails were perfect, only a few place where it was mucky.

No one got hurt and the bikes stayed together...except for Chris's ATK was shedding parts and fouling plugs. I can't wait until another ride together.

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Are you guys doing a spring ride at RAC. None of my buddies got permits this year. I rode with you guys a couple times years ago at Paragon. I'm looking to hook up with some folks at RAC.
Most of the time when I go to Lost Trails, it's with my son, so when riding RAC, it's my time :-)
I also volunteered to go help clean up at the AOAA site so I can see what that place might be like if it ever does open as a riding park.

Nick

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The Spring ride will probaly be at Lost Trails (just tell your son you are going to RAC ;)) CRFGuy would be happy to ride with you at RAC just about any weekend, just let him know.

Whats AOAA?

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Well, he's pretty smart. I ride my bike to RAC, not haul it there, so if he see's me leave with it on the trailer, he knows I'm going to Lost Trails...LOL...
AOAA is Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area. I've been watching what they are trying to do for awhile and I joined their facebook page and volunteered for a cleanup. The county owns 6500 acres of coal land and is trying to make it into an area like Paragon was. Bikes, Quads, Jeeps, horses, hikers, etc...It's up near Shamokin
Check out http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK, I remeber hearing about that place. It's not too far for me to go but looks like it has tons of potential!

Too bad your kid is so smart...a real bummer :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
have we come up with a place or date yet? or is this gonna turn into a summer ride, or maybe a fall ride?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
OK, since it looks like a spring ride isnt panning out, if anybody is interested in clearing some new single track at Lost Trails either this weekend or next weekend, let me know. I have a few sections mapped out on my GPS, they just need a little clearing and marking, then a lot of riding to break them in.

Trail work in the morning, riding/exploring some new stuff in the afternoon and a free pass for another day if anybody is interested.

Top Bottom