Dick Burleson, CO2 & Bombs! Be Careful Guys.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
:eek: I would have never even thought about air cartridges! I wonder about aerosol pit spray? Is that considered a pressurized canister? Think I'll go buy some solid pit stick for my next trip. :think:

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I recently flew to phoenix for a 2 day golf trip. I went all carryon since it was a short trip. At the last minute, I left my razor behind thinking it would be contraband. They grabbed the old lady in front of me, searched her stuff and pitched her nail file/clippers away.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Good heavens, they're going after personal grooming products now? Are my nail file, hair spray, blow dryer and hair pins going to be dangerous objects now? :think:

Heck, for that matter, I'm surprised they didn't freak out about tire irons, screwdrivers, and any other such tools. They would be far more dangerous than nail clippers, you'd think.

A little bit of paranoia, I think.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Nail clippers, files, all that stuff are big no-no's on carry on baggage. Had a friend pitch an entire kit of nail grooming stuff because they made such a stink about it. I guess it's something we'll all just have to work with. Personally I don't mind cutting my nails before I fly and picking up a $2 pair of clippers if I really need them at my destination.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Any pressurized canister is a big no-no. Even before 911. If you fly with it has to be specialy packed. Same with shipping them.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Really if you have any conserns about getting checked or having something taken away, just have it fed-exed. The extra money it costs is so much worth not going throught the headach at the airport. This is what i'm doing from now on.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'm surprised they don't handcuff us all, we might use our fists to hit someone! :silly:

Sorry, This whole thing I feel is getting out of hand. We are over restricting ourselves and the terrorists are winning the battle. I don't have all the answers but I am just frustrated about the whole thing. There has to be a better way to fly.

Top Bottom