R1driver

Dec 13, 2004
Hi all, I'm back in the dirt again.
Great site here, been doing allot of reading ,lots of info-wish something like this was available twenty years ago LOL.
I'm soon to be 40, went out riding with a bud, on his spare bike a XR 400, a couple times in the late fall, and realized I am not to old for this( heck this is a lot safer than snowmobiling-the way we do anyways).
I did struggle on endurance on the mx track, but even I was surprized with the speed I was still able to carry(even if it was for only fifteen minutes at a time)- guess you never lose that.
Anyways, I've got allot of experience with most motorsports, steetbikes, watercraft, snowmobiles and such (raced all of them at times).
I know I'm a bit of a adrenalin junky, as it seems the times I remeber best are the rides where things went just perfect, nailing the landing on the double you didn't think you could make or would even try when first seeing it, stringing together doubles on lake michigan out of ten foot rollers, that just go on forever,that perfect corner in a nice two wheel drift at 80 plus, thats living.
Dirtbiking was always my favorite activity,it now seems funny that that was the one thing I gave up on,think it had to do with all of my friends leaving the sport,and no place to ride-not sure.
Now it seems theres more places to ride than ever, there are at least five places to ride within twenty miles of me.
Its good to be back!

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
It happens to alot of people. Eventually this sport will be calling your name again no matter how long you stoped for. Then when you do get back, you wonder how you went so long without riding.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

As Casper said, once a dirtbiker always a dirtbiker. I was away from bikes from 1985 through 1998 and have wondered many times why. The people in the sport are some of the finest folks on this planet.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom