firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Anyone needing a race partner? I'm doing the hare scramble for sure, and probably the MX as well. My only requirements are that you're not real serious about winning . . .

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Sharla --  I'll keep it quiet to Wendy that you are looking for a race partner!!   :cool:

I know you aren't looking to go through the "Where's Wendy" waiting game again this year.  I play it all of the time.  :debil:

See you at DW03!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
LOL!!! I remember wondering "where's Wendy" when we we shooting the group photo a couple years ago....

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I was thinking we'll go for the random approach - teams of 3. We did this in 2001 and it seemed to be a great way to meet a couple of new people along with keep things sorta fair (like not letting Billy, Doug, and Guy form a team). ;)

I'll probably have a sign up clip board for the tag-team MX the morning of the race and anyone wanting to participate can sign up - name, bike, and number. Then we'll random draw and post teams before the race. Should work out well? More details to follow...

If anyone has any tag-team MX suggestions - please share em! :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Random drawing worked great for me in 01. Firemedic530 and Jeff Allen were my team mates, and we finished 4th OA in Tag Team MX. :aj:

B

biglou

I like the random name drawing idea best. Get to meet and ride on the same team with some new folks. :thumb: And two unlucky souls will get to say, "That Lou guy dragged us down, man!" :laugh:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
FC22, did you get registered yet? Maybe it's in the mail? I just say your name on the thread Jeff started about reserved numbers but not signed up? Better get that taken care of before you go picking race partners... The deadline was yesterday, but I am sure Okie will extend it for you.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
And two unlucky souls will get to say, "That Lou guy dragged us down, man!" :laugh:
Not to worry there big feller. I can drag a team down with the best of them. I do have a new secret weapon this year, if I can get it ready in time. I hope it don't kill me! :thumb:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by BigLou
And two unlucky souls will get to say, "That Lou guy dragged us down, man!" :laugh:

Don't worry Lou, they'll be saying that about me too. I am far from speedy...I don't even know how races work besides try to beat the other team!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Thump
FC22, did you get registered yet? Maybe it's in the mail? I just say your name on the thread Jeff started about reserved numbers but not signed up? Better get that taken care of before you go picking race partners... The deadline was yesterday, but I am sure Okie will extend it for you.

It's on its way, I sent it off a couple of days ago. If it's not there yet it will be soon.

Squeakygirl, the hare scramble is easy--you ride a lap, come in and bump your partner's tire, he/she rides a lap, again and again until it's over.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by firecracker22
Squeakygirl, the hare scramble is easy--you ride a lap, come in and bump your partner's tire, he/she rides a lap, again and again until it's over.

Sweet, I can handle that!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000

That is unless Wendy is your partner!  :laugh:

Then you just wait.  :debil:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh, now, be nice, it wasn't that bad!

Cam offered to partner up for the hare scramble, so if he wants to lose that badly, cool with me. We're riding in together so at least we can discuss strategy on the way down.

Squeakygirl, maybe you could partner up with Wendy? She's not nearly as slow as Kelvin says. She did just fine--besides, that was a year ago, I am sure she has improved. I was the one who gave up our lead (well gave up a place anyway) when I lost the trail. Anyway I wasn't there to win and I did have fun so that's the important part.

Is Wendy still riding the TTR?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Oh, now, be nice, it wasn't that bad!

Cam offered to partner up for the hare scramble, so if he wants to lose that badly, cool with me. We're riding in together so at least we can discuss strategy on the way down.

Squeakygirl, maybe you could partner up with Wendy? She's not nearly as slow as Kelvin says. She did just fine--besides, that was a year ago, I am sure she has improved. I was the one who gave up our lead (well gave up a place anyway) when I lost the trail. Anyway I wasn't there to win and I did have fun so that's the important part.

Is Wendy still riding the TTR?

She still has the TTR but is riding a KX100 now.

Attachments

• wendyskx100.jpg
    wendyskx100.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 384

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by KelvinKDX

She still has the TTR but is riding a KX100 now.

The KX is a beast, when its not "ghost" revving or overheating. :moon: :p

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I am not the one worried about having a slow partner, I am far from fast! But, I am there to have fun. If I win, that'd be awesome! If not, oh well I had a good time doing it!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'm game, and I'll even be a *really* (hasn't thrown a leg over a bike in almost a year) slow rider to help make evey one else look good :)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I can't wait, this is going to be a fun event! Didn't two years ago arm bands were used for the exchange between riders?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by MrLuckey
...last year we just bumped the rear tire of our teammate.

LOL...some more forcefully than others. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
MM - my plan is teams of 3 people, 6 (maybe 9) lap race, and you do 1 lap and switch. I will post more info today (or tomorrow) and get feedback on if we should do 6 or 9 laps.

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
I was just waiting til I got there to find partners. I want to race everything except any A races. If your my partner don't plan on winning because I've only had my new xr600 for 2 days now. Not really use to the size but the power is nice. I can handle my own though, but if it dies its a pain for me to start it unless I get someone to help me get my lowreing link on my bike monday.

Top Bottom