Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Where is everyone? Not many post. I miss you guys. I'm at work and I'm bored :confused: Trying to take of some LBs before June 22. Working pretty good but it's slowing down -20 so far. Hope there are no snags on being there for me or anyone else for that matter. Oh! sh*t the boss caught me. :scream:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm looking forward to riding anywhere at this point. I'm gonna try and get out tonight. It's been raining for the past week and it goning to be muddy:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm heading to the local pit tonight. The bike is in the back of the pickup. Just waitin' on 4:30. Then it's :aj:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Come on over to Catraland and check out the Netra H/S on Sunday. You can race, spectate or, if you'd like, I can put you to work ;)

Check your PM

Scratch that, your PM's are full!

Send me an e-mail and I'll check at home.

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Dr.Zaius
Hey. Where can I ride illegaly in MA?
Just about anywhere you want to. For starters, go tear up your neighbors lawn. Then ride down the sidewalk yelling and screaming at pedestrians. To top it all off head west on the eastbound lanes of the Mass Turnpike.

If you survive all that without going to jail or killing yourself, don't be suprised when we lose more LEGAL places to ride!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Just off the top of my head, you could register your bike for 30$ a year and ride in the many State Forests that have trail systems in Mass. Or, you could join a local club Pilgrim Sands Trail Riders comes to mind, as well as NETRA.
If Motocross is your bag, There are a couple of practice tracks in the eastern part of Mass. That might foot the bill for you. You can find a listing of tracks at Northeast Motocross.com.

Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
My bike is registered, and I am going to join NETRA. (I'm looking at the sign-up thingy now!) BUT, All of the state parks are halfway across the state. The only close one is in Foxborro, but that place ain't good. Thanks for the link to the motocross listings, I've been looking for something like that! :)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey Papa, better gas up the Damn Yankees Waaahhhmbulance!

Zaius - What isn't any good is not having any places to ride. The days of being able to ride out your front door are numbered. It takes me at least an hour to get to a legal riding place. I've been know to fly half-way across the world just to go riding. If you really want to try something, get yourself a dual-sport bike and go exploring.

Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
I have a DRZ400E, going dual sport for the summer. I am slowly gettin everything I need to be street legal, just so I can get from trail to trail legally, no cops! The most expensive part is going to be the tires- any suggestions for a good off-road tire that is DOT approved?
Right now I am riding powerlines for the most part. No cops ever come, no one complains so I am happy. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I feel your pain Dr. But unlike Mass. which has some trails, Rhode Island has none! :|
I'm actually going to be riding in Pittsfield next week.
For any of the Spodefests that I've attended the drive has never been under 4 hours.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Don't worry about dual purpose tires unless you're having the bike inspected by the state DOT, then get a set of Kenda DOT knobbies. I used to run real knobbies on my old factory d/s bike and the state inspector never looked at the tires. Never seen an officer check out tires either, usually just registration and insurance.

Papa - When are you going to Pittsfield? That's less than an hour from here. I've got to head to San Antonio today to fix a sick locomotive. I'll PM you my home number. ---Woods

rohnman

May 31, 2001
DR The Kenda's you're looking for are the TRACKMASTER II's. You want to get a 120/100-18 rear, which retails for under $70. I know, it sounds wide but they run a little narrow. You may want to look around for something else for the front , as the Kenda doesn't work well on a heavier bike.

Dr.Zaius

Mod Ban
May 7, 2002
Thanks rohnman. I saw those, seems to be a toss up between those, D-lop 606's, and the Pirelli devils or vipers, or something like that. Or...maybe I'll get some junk tires at a junk yard and swap to knobbies after inspection! I won't be on-road much anyhow. :think:

DR.Zauis

Mod Ban
Jun 20, 2002
Possibly...whY?

I am currently in the process of installing new swing arm bearings, painted the frame, and just had one hell of an ordeal with the drainplug. (Check the KDX page, you'll see.)

:p

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Simple solution. Grab a pair of your fav offroad tires, say D756's and file off the "offroad use only" imprint on them. A nail file should do the trick.. :p :p

Top Bottom